Best brand of drive belts

1987caddy

Hey everyone, I'm looking to replace my drive belts this weekend. There's a annoying squeak from the a/c belt at the idler pulley. If I spray a lubricant in the the pulley groove, it stops for a few minutes and the idler pulley is a newer one. It has 4 year old dayco gold belts and I'm looking for the best replacement brand?

I've got a set of no-name belts (from Carquest probably) on mine, and apart from a little squeal when they were new (didn't have the tension set right) I've had no trouble with them. We had a little trouble getting belts the right size, because I guess the guys at the parts place had the wrong info for what sizes of belts it needed. Might be best to bring in your old belts or copy the numbers off of them to avoid cursing at too large/small of a belt.

I use carquest, only issue I ever had was on my Eclipse... But that was because the alty sat crooked(don't ask)

And FWIW their blue box ones (red box is the "economically challenged" ones) are generally marked Gates brand on the sleeve as well

• 1 month later...

Gates... easily. I've put them in nearly every vehicle I have owned, except for this pathy. Once I hear some squeal or feel it's time to replace them, you can bet that I'll be getting Gates belts. Never had an issue with them, and they last for a long time!

If you feel your parts store is jipping you, check rockauto.com. Sure, you'll have to wait for them to ship, but hey, if it saves me a few $$, then I'll take it.