Possible to match quarter panel tint?

Tungsten

My truck is a 1991 SE-V6 and it came with this really weird tint option. Only the rear quarter panel windows are tinted. The passengers windows are not tinted and neither is the back window. Not sure what they were thinking there. Is it possible to match the OEM gold tint of the rear windows on to all of the other windows? I will not be doing the front windows or the windshield because of the tint laws.

The trick is to buy some decent tint film and the right tools to put it on. Cheap tint just like cheap everything else is going to be garbage. I was just wondering if anyone knew the color code of the OEM tint or whatever they go by. Going to get it done is always an option but I like to try and do it myself. I have a window to practice on.

WhiteOwls triangles have a "goldish" tint to them whereas nothing else had tint when I got him, while ToolShed has it on everything but the doors (remember front only as he's a 2 door) and windshield. WhiteOwls mix up is due to previous owner and when the body was kinda-swapped. The back and large rear quarters were from the replacement shell where the triangles were from the original (I asked about this when I saw him one time). Moral of the story is my money sais the mix-match is due to a previous owner.

Another option could be to just j/y scavenge for the panels you want with the factory tint already there.

My old 93 had the rear side and hatch windows tinted but none of the doors. I think your rear window has been changed dude.

But I miss my XE's non-factory tinted glass, so much easier to match.

Nah its a common SE thing. I've seen loads of 4 door SE's like Tungsten is describing. Same way mine came. I just had my tint guy limo the back, the 2 "factory tint" windows just look darker. I like dark.

• Like 1

The rear window was still original when I got the truck and it was clear but had nasty scratches on it. I changed it myself with one from a junkyard but it had to be another clear one. No clean tinted windows to be found at that time in fact none had it but I know 95s had tinted rear windows. 1990-1992 had the goofy tint option. Just do a search for any of those years and you will be surprised that only the rear quarters are tinted and nothing else. Why? Because Nissan. Or it may have just been a coincedence. Anyone from the parts department know about this?

There might be more to this than it looks like then. Were they SE or LE? All 1994 and 1995 models I saw in the past that had tint had the tint all the way around with the exception of the front windows. All the 1990-1992 models had the goofy rear quarter only thing. I wouldn't doubt it though they had so many trim options and they all overlapped. :lol:

Sometimes before a dealer sales a vehicle they may tint it and add it to the price. I've only seen a few LE's and they have been fully tinted, but the owner could of done that. I've just always noticed the gold glass on SE's, easy to see from a distance if they dont have any tint other than that.

If you go to courtesyparts.com you can see the different options. The rear quarter glass is smoked and bronze, where the rear hatch is only available as bronze in 1995+. The clear glass itself is actually cheap, like 85 bucks, if you want the gold look its $250+.

I'm sure Alkarohil can enlighten us.

• Like 1