Hello from Silicon Valley!

damuho

I have been wanting to get my 4x4 WD21 Pathfinder since it first came out in the '80s but could not afford it. I finally got my '95 last month! I think it's the best-looking SUV body ever. I have owned my D21 pickup with the Z24i since new in '86 and with 310K miles now, it is still my daily driver. It's still all-original except for maintenance parts and the newer wheels from a '94. On the Pathy, I have done all the fluids, filters and tune-up. The only remaining issue is the no-reverse AT and I hope to get it rebuilt soon. The engine is in very good condition with ~130K miles. I have fixed some minor interior issues and hope to contribute to this forum. I am learning a lot from from welcome pages!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

The paint on this car has no signs of fading whatsoever, which is why I still bought it even with the transmission problem. There are a few shallow dings on the hood and the driver door but not bad overall. Also, the engine is in very good condition. I will get a front-end alignment done as soon as the transmission is fixed. For some reason, the steerer stopper is too high that when max-ing out on tight turns, it is actually creating a groove on the lower arm stop. I'm thinking the previous owner must have used bigger wheels/tires on it and adjusted the stopper to prevent the tires from grinding while on tight turns.

I'm looking forward to the work it still needs!

Welcome to NPORA from up in the North Bay. I'm on my second 1995, so I know what you mean. Looks like a good find once the tranny is dealt with. I recommend you read up here on how to diagnose the transmission, aftermarket tranny coolers and weather to rebuild or source a used heavy duty version...

B

Thanks for the greeting! I am learning a lot in the forums here and I will make sure to read all I can about the no-reverse AT issue before I do something. I will definitely use a dedicated tranny cooler when I get it fixed.

• 3 weeks later...