Penis Truck

Precise1

My whole dept (County Water) has 4x4 F-550's, diesel engines, with utility beds on them, Waste water doesn't order bigger than the F-350, a few of the trucks have nice 12K lb. winches on them. The sticker on the truck I drive, a 2006, with out the bed was $50K ! But you know the County gets a good deal.

This one isn't mine but they are all about the same, nice work trucks, tinted windows, window deflectors, bug guards, steps:

k2fdoy.jpg

back on topic, sorry

Edited by ahardb0dy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dick Stump? Did ya call him stumpy or Dick? Loose all that chrome and muder it out then it would be ok looking. Right now it loooks like a ricer.

Rolling coal is for dips, I mean my Cummin's 8.3l makes 1300lbs and it dont roll coal. Yet the tapout wearing dork in the old slab face Dodge ram with a little 5.9 thinks he's cool when he smokes out a big white truck that could run him over.

If its a diesel that thing must sound like ass, I hear a duel exhausted 6.0 nearly everyday and it sounds like a honda del sol with no oil in it.

Not with the flat black paint. I was going to put some auxiliary switches in one the other day. It had at least 12in of lift and was rolling 38's iirc. Had to be the tallest rig I have ever been in. Not a spec of dirt under it.

Oh, that's not flat black paint, that is some kind of bedliner that the entire truck is coated with... :rolleyes:

B

and off topic discussions on the dumbness of the hillbilly confederate flag waving wHierdos with their smaller trucks/SUVs who scratch them up in the woods. I want no part with it though and am still not gonna like it.

Huh?

So we are the dunb hillbilly confederate flag waving wHierdos with the smaller trucks/SUV's who scratch them up in the woods? :scratchhead:

Edited by nismothunder

The 109 forum I visit has guys like this. They spend more on replacement parts and chrome than they paid for the bike. I just bought a bike I liked and rode it. I understand making it yours but there is a limit.

James

wow, hes washed out. Arm band tattoos were all the rage in what, the 90s?

Which may be when he got it. That's the issue with tattoos....somewhat permanent.......

Can't say I know that character, but it is Southpark, right?

My whole dept (County Water) has 4x4 F-550's, diesel engines, with utility beds on them, Waste water doesn't order bigger than the F-350, a few of the trucks have nice 12K lb. winches on them. The sticker on the truck I drive, a 2006, with out the bed was $50K ! But you know the County gets a good deal.

This one isn't mine but they are all about the same, nice work trucks, tinted windows, window deflectors, bug guards, steps:

k2fdoy.jpg

back on topic, sorry

No problem! Damn, I've seen ones like that driving around. Honestly, do you really need that much truck to do your job? I mean, most of the time it is used for transportation, right? Do you haul that much equipment? I see a mini crane, so that denotes a level of requirement...

You are in Florida, so I know you aren't towing up any grades... :lol:

The 109 forum I visit has guys like this. They spend more on replacement parts and chrome than they paid for the bike. I just bought a bike I liked and rode it. I understand making it yours but there is a limit.

James

That probably says it the best and is how I tend to operate (other than my WD21 and my old Baja bug). Buy what is close to what you want, mod it is little if you wish, but don't rebuild the damn thing. I have an in-law with a Mazda Speed that he is always trying to tweak and improve. I told him not to bother, sell it and use it as a down on an M3...

I'm sure I would be amazed at how much has been spent on aftermarket parts. To each their own, really, but for me this thing is way over the top.

B

Which may be when he got it. That's the issue with tattoos....somewhat permanent.......

I'd bet, and yes, exactly. Pesky things!

There are a LOT of people around here with a LOT of tatoos. Things are going to be pretty funny and/or ugly in 30 years... :lol:

B

some of our guys depending on who they work for have the back of the trucks stuffed with meter boxes and all the bins are full, mostly brass and pvc fittings, other crews like the one I'm on carry a lot less. I know what your saying, one guy in the section I work in does GPS all day and the bed of his truck is about empty. We joke saying they should just give him a little blazer or something. Way back before they got all crazy with our truck inventory we used to be able to order what we wanted and how ever much we wanted, some guys like to order parts by the case and not have to order parts every job, now they went thru every truck and reduced the items we carry and the quantity, so much of the bins look empty.

My truck will take about 51 gallons of diesel when both tanks are empty and that will last about a week and a half !! Usually can go about 260 miles. I always say good thing we don't have to pay for the fuel !!

sometimes they will tow a small trailer with a bobcat behind these not often.

Edited by ahardb0dy

You are in Florida, so I know you aren't towing up any grades... :lol:

B

No grades to be had, but we got sand....and plenty of it and other soft ground which sucks horsepower away. I'm guessing they given these (F550) 'in case' they gotta hit a remote area. Can't tell you how many cars i've seen stuck cause they thought they could drive through sand.

Edited by andreus009

Years ago only our UMC's ( utility maint coordinators like field supervisors) had 4x4 trucks, now all the trucks our dept has are 4x4's, when I started in 99 I drove a F-350 diesel, very small compared to the F-550's, than we used GMC 1 1/2 ton trucks, the GMC's were so bad you would pull off the road on grass and get stuck!!! I've lost track of how many times I've had to get pulled out by a tow truck company over the years. Also years ago we didn't have GPS tracking on our trucks so you could finish your work early than go 4 wheeling in some area's, now not only do we get tracked all day (my boss has nothing better to do!!), they can pull up street view thru Google to see where we are, the tracking also gives them every stop the truck made, speed, time in one spot, etc. pain in the butt!!

One day I was doing PM's on large valves (36") in a power easement, pulling a small trailer, first valve I came to was under water so I started to drive further up the easement to get to the next one, came upon a large "puddle" that took up the whole dirt path, decided to hug the side instead of driving right thru the middle, BAD IDEA !! I got the 550 stuck, all 6 wheels were off the ground, spinning, running board was about an inch above the water, exhaust was under water, ( sounded like a boat!! LOL), the whole triangle part of the trailer was under water you couldn't even see it and water was in my rear pass. side bin !!,

Called in for a tow truck, I told them to send a 4x4 tow truck and than I see the guy pull in driving like a brand new medium duty ford f-700 or something and I notice the front beam axle, no 4x4, I told him I asked for a 4x4 and he said they don't have any 4wd tow trucks big enough to pull our trucks. The guy was concerned with going thru this hole I was on the edge of and he called in to his job and they told him it was up to him. So he decides to go for it and drives right thru the "puddle", he hooks up to my truck and trailer and starts to pull my truck out, not before the front of his started to come off the ground !! I was stuck good !!

Finally pulls me out and we go to the end of the easement where the ground is solid, I sign the paper, let the water drain out of my rear bin, and I tell him you go first leaving, he asks me why? I told him if I get stuck again you will be in front to pull me out, so he goes balls to the wall and I wait till he gets about 100' ahead and so did I, trailer was bouncing all over the place!! Months later my truck still had grass and crap stuck under it !!

The F-550's are pretty good in the sand given how much they way especialy when you add in all the brass we carry but the highway thread tires aren't that great for non highway use !

Back on topic again, sorry.

Lies, my uncle is proof of that. Needle on... Laser off. If your man enough to get it your man enough to remove it.

He was in vietnam, lets just say some of his slogans tatted to him were less then pg13 friendly.

Whats the motor Ton-Ton? The 6.4 or 6.7. I hear the 6.4 gets decent mpgs but is junk like the 6.0. I hear the 6.7 tows good but gets 8-10 mpg empty (to put that into compairasin the Sterlin A line I drive had a 8Plus liter cummins ISM that makes rought 3-400 hp and 13-1400lbs torqe. It gets 7mpg empty/lightly loaded with a 53' van on back)

I've always like the Ford super Dutys but the new Dodges are pound for pound a far better deal. Note I'm talking 4500-5500 trucks, not the light dutys.

Some of the parts on that truck actually have some potential. Not sure why it rolls on chrome wheels and why it's a crew cab. It could have been much better to outdo an F-150 lightning like that and actually make it useful.

Some people... :doh:

If only I had a budget like that. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tungsten

I could copy that truck but with paint for maybe 10k.

Used 99-03 superduty gas (its a first gen with a clip conversion,lol) 3,000

8 inch lift 1,200

Paint and body, 2,000

regear to 4.88 1,800

Used wheels 400

tires 35x12.5 Coopers STT's 312 each new.

Chrome running boards, 299

10,259 total for a truck with new running gear and 5 new muds.

Try building a 4x4Lightning for that. Unless you ment rapture.

Or you could build a v6 04+ F150 stick for the same on 35s with a leveling kit and gearing riding on 35s that will get 15-16mpg.

Or my least favorite, buy a rapture and watch as it bends in half. lol.

Looking at the pics closer it looks like 35s and that rear axle looks mighty small, almost like a 9.75 instead of the big 10.25/10.5 rear (34 spline vs 37)

That's a good point. It's much cheaper to start out with a less desirable truck for real a 4x4 application. :lol:

No I meant converting a F-150 lightning into a decent 4x4. It's actually pretty good for that with its small wheelbase and reasonably powerful power plant.

Edited by Tungsten

More Super Dutys running aboot then Lightnings. I mean the 99-04 was a short bed, the older styles (92-95?) were long beds. Now a chevy 454 SS would make a good mud truck, th400 or 4e8rl stock in a short bed 1/2 ton flavor.

If I remember I posted a pic of one on 44's a while back.

I read this thread... and this drove by my house. I couldn't stop laughing... Until they parked in my driveway haha. Turns out they just wanted to promote their "fab business" (everyone with a body lifted Ford Ranger in my town thinks they're on the fast track to Baja ) Oh well, took some pics for you to laugh with me.

Talk about COMPENSATION. :lmao:

IMG_20101024_162117.jpg

IMG_20101024_162339.jpg

Edited by Rybob