is my rear end going bad?

tsailor21

Hi all so i noticed the other day that when i take off my rear end seems to almost bind a little but once i get rolling

its fine any ideas thanks

tj

PS: my pathy has the factory LSD is there some bearings in there that can go bad ive never had it apart thanks

Edited by tsailor21

The best bet to check for bad a u-joint is blocking the wheels and leaving it in neutral. That way you get the real story to if you need U-joints. Since shutting it off and leaving it in gear can load the shaft and make the U-joints seem fine. You dont even to block if your on a level piece of ground because the joints will show slop before you will move the car.

The best bet to check for bad a u-joint is blocking the wheels and leaving it in neutral. That way you get the real story to if you need U-joints. Since shutting it off and leaving it in gear can load the shaft and make the U-joints seem fine. You dont even to block if your on a level piece of ground because the joints will show slop before you will move the car.

The way I check, other than by hand at first, it jack up the rear and support it properly. Start it and put it in gear. I watched my drive shaft wag the tranny back and forth, and that told me all I needed to know...

B