Tail light issues

AzZo

Headlights come on but no tail lights.turn signals work fine so do hazards and brake lights.Fuses all check out okay.Perplexing? Any suggestions would be a great help. Can turn a wrench well but electrical is not a strong point.Thanks.

Do your front corner lights come on? They share a contact in the headlight switch with the tail lamps. If the markers don't work either, clean out your headlight switch. If they do, then you can narrow it down a bit.

Edited by Slartibartfast

Are the bulbs burned out?

NO bulbs are good.I replaced with new ones, now have running lights but when I step on brake pedal the right brake light goes off. Just the right brake light.weird huh remember both running lights are working left sides fine.

Do the dash lights work? Actually, you did mention that you checked all of the fuses. :scratchhead:

yea .fuses all good dash fuses and under hood fuses.checked the switch on steering colum to its good to go.I hope it's not fusible links.

Do your front corner lights come on? They share a contact in the headlight switch with the tail lamps. If the markers don't work either, clean out your headlight switch. If they do, then you can narrow it down a bit.

Corner lights are working and dash light comes on too.

Going to check all wiring leads in morning grounds and continuity.Wish me luck.An electrician I'm not. will let you all know what I find out.If I can't fix it will send to Mechanic OUCH!!! Gotta be able to drive at night right.OVER AND OUT.

Do you have a trailer wiring harness installed? Also check the grounds, I had a problem where the quarter panel had some rust and salt would come in. It ate the wires on the harness and I had to replace the whole thing because the wires just fell out of the sockets.

Big shout out and thank's to all you great member's who gave me the best advice on this problem.It is now fixed yes fixed! And it ony cost get this $ 5.99 at ye old autozone parts shop.It turned out to be the tail - light / stop -light bulb socket a cheap fix for sure.To bad I spent days checking leads and ground wires but had to be sure and like I said I'm no electrisian can't spell either.Ha,Ha. The cause was back quarter panel rusted pretty bad,IOWA winters, road salts etc....And small hole allowing moisture and mud and junk up into tail-light compartment and corroded the socket it did not look that bad to me at first but then what do I know right. I am so a newbie to pathfinders but thank's to you all I am learning FAST!! THANKS AGAIN>IOWA<JACK......