Isuzu recall

1987caddy

:deadhorse:

Nissan has already recalled R50s for strut tower rust. I don't think it's worth their time or money to recall first generation Pathfinders that were made before Nissan's merger with Renault.

As much as I would love to see Nissan try to fix some rotting WD21s, I don't think that's going to happen.

• Like 1

Nissan didn't merge with Renault until 1999 and the recall was 96-04. Heck Isuzu hasn't sold a passenger vehicle in the US in the last 2-3 years and they are repairing or buying the defective SUVs

So there you go. Nissan will not recall any vehicle made before 1996. They may still issue a TSB or two but I doubt that fixing WD21s is going to be of any help to them now considering how few are left on the road but they will still fix your seatbelts for free.

My dad had to deal with Nissan recently (trying to check if an R50 he was looking at had been rust-repaired), and had a hell of a time... unhelpful dealerships etc. It would probably be a PITA if they did do anything.

Besides, what would they do about it? Buy the truck back? Not like they can really glue a patch over it...

Tue newest a north American wd21 is gonna be is a 1995, which is 17 years old. I love my Pathfinder but even then would find it laughable to make a "frame rust recall" if it were me at the reigns. Maby a few years ago along side when Toyota was doing the buy-back recall (and there's still a ton of those gen pickups and 4runners on the road, especially compared to d21/wd21s here locally. And I live in a salt state). But by now about any vechile you put on the lift of the same general age you look for/expect to find some kinda rust.

also moved this to off topic as an Isuzu recall isn't a 90-95 Pathfinder thing and the comparison is more of a broader all wd21 thing

• Like 1

Those trucks dont rust out like nissans. They rust in the front. Plus the older ones had GM frames.

Izusu quility blows goats, really it does. So does mistshubishi. Ever wonder why there straight frame Fuso's and such have old 350 chevys in them.

Plus MOST of the Rodeos and Amigos where junked long ago because they drank oil.

Recalling trucks that are 17 years old? Aint gonna happen. If Nissan was Ever gonna have a recall it would have been in the early 2000's when the problem first showed up. It wouldnt be cost effective to do it since the frame rust would vary so much. If I remember Nissan does offer replacement frames for these trucks. But that may have changed.

I saw Rob had a part number for a full frame, but it was like $4k, plus all the bushings etc that you'd be a fool not to replace while it was apart. And that's assuming you've got the lift etc to pull the body off.

Or you mean you bring in a rusted out WD and they give you a new frame on warranty? Because that would be pretty awesome. Not gonna happen in a million years though.

I didnt meant as part ofa recall, but nissan does have frames for these trucks. Probly to replace damaged ones from acident when new (remember theses trucks were 30k)

They probly still have all the tooling to make new 21's since automakers have to beable to supply parts for 20 years after the vechical has been replaced.

Then there's the terrano grandroad which was made up to 2003 iirc. Basically the same vehicle mainly just a different front end

8653567431.jpg

This guy said he thought they made WD21 based Terranos until 2006 in Indonesia. His is a 2002 with a Z24 that has a carburetor.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?/topic/30962-Oh-hai...-I'm-new...-let-me-introduce-myself-:D

Edited by Trogdor636

Then there's the terrano grandroad which was made up to 2003 iirc. Basically the same vehicle mainly just a different front end

8653567431.jpg

Technically it is the 3rd body style of the WD21! :lmao:

They did combine the marker and turn signal and I bet those headlights are much brighter too now. That hood and that grille looks pretty sweet.

Edited by Tungsten