Valve cover grommet

Trogdor636

Since I have a leaky driver side valve cover gasket, I figured it was time to dive in and get the job done. Is it worth the extra money to replace the grommets that go around the screws? Has anybody ever not replaced them and then had one leak? The valve cover gaskets themselves are 17 bucks, if you want a package with the grommets it comes to 35 bucks. Am I just being a cheapo?

I replaced mine a few months back, because they were just as you described, cracked and nasty... I cant advise if they were leaking or not because the whole valve cover was seeping oil like crazy...

I just did it because I did not want to have to take the intake back off to do it again if they were leaking after replacing the gaskets...

I went ahead and replaced the rubber grommets on mine. Tho I didnt even see there was an option to get a gasket kit without them. Regardless I would still swap em. Replacing worn out parts while you already have the pathy under the knife sounds way better than pulling it back apart a month from now to fix something you could have fixed the first time.