Should i do it....?

So i went down to one of the local 4x4 shops and talked to the owner and he was looking for front and rear Dana 60's for a budget build he is doing...well i just happen to have laying around the set out of a 70's Chevy...well after talking for awhile he asked if we could do some trades for it...

Me: both my Dana 60's

The shop: SAS conversion, built Dana 44 with 5.13 gears, flattop knuckles, hi steer, crossover steering, installed with Waggy leafs. and Chevy leafs installed in the rear with 5.14 gears

only thing i need to buy is Shocks.

what do you guys think about that trade.?

Do it, unless its a high pinion 60 front your talking maybe 2k in axles. Chevy never used a 60 rear though.

it was swapped out rears ago...before i owned it...

I would jump on it man. That is a lot of work they are willing to do for some old Dana 60s.. seems win win to me unless u want a full width pathy ?

nope... don't want full width...had the axles for a 68 K5 Blazer but I backed out of that build.

ill be heading to his shop later today to talk about everything again...i think i am jumping on this deal...said he could have it done in a week...

i just found out he has a 89 2door pathfinder on the rack...he is putting full width axles and 44" tires...4 link front and rear with fox air shocks...ill see if i can get some pictures of or or maybe ask him to have his customer become a member here

Do it, unless its a high pinion 60 front your talking maybe 2k in axles. Chevy never used a 60 rear though.

Chevy did do a dana 60 rear. Had one in a 1978 K20 that Dad bought brand new from dealer.

Do the trade . You would be getting the better deal.

I personally would only want coils as well but still thats a great deal for a sas swap. at least it would be leafs all around so it would be riding crappy evenly. leafs up front and 5 link rear is just weird to me.... well, for the street anyways. see if they will do a 3 link coil d44 swap up front and just leave your rear alone?? seems like the best option..

Chevy did do a dana 60 rear. Had one in a 1978 K20 that Dad bought brand new from dealer.

Do the trade . You would be getting the better deal.

I had a 76 k20 with a 14 bolt rear, uncles 4x2 79 f250 has a 60 rear.

Is it possible to do the swap with coil springs instead? Leafers are really not that great for ride quality or flex.

Depends on the Leaf spring packs only... And yeah, they can flex just as much as coils. 1/2 ton 88-98 springs would work nice in the rear, thats a basic toyota up grade for more lift. And the fact that its a lifted truck with solids means its gonna ride hard.

Going with leafs all around...its a jacked up 4x4...its going to ride a little rough...i have to say Leafs flex just as much as coils...getting Waggy springs in the front and Classic 5" yota lift spring in the rear...i am sick of breaking and bending this junk IFS...ill keep you all posted

• 2 weeks later...

If this guys legitimate I would do it...

That is ALOT of work...

But then again if he has a team of guys to jump on it....

As for springs... (coils/leafs) to each his own. I personally am a fan of coils, but have had leaf trucks with no complaints.

Sounds like a good deal as long as he does quality work. Have you seen any trucks he has converted?

James

This!

Sounds like a trade too good to be true.

What work has he done and how well? Done in a week and done like crap does you no good either.

I'd do some homework before I'd commit my truck, but mine needs to be road worthy also...

B

• Like 1

This!

Sounds like a trade too good to be true.

What work has he done and how well? Done in a week and done like crap does you no good either.

I'd do some homework before I'd commit my truck, but mine needs to be road worthy also...

B

i haven't seen any nissans he has done besides the one he is doing now that will be sitting on 44" tires. but i have checked out a few yotas and zuks that turned out really nice and they preform great.