Interior Trim Colors - Sorting out the Madness

Dowser

Alright.

We've talked a bit about this in the A-Pillar Gauge Pod Thread but i'd like to get some resources for others to utilize so that they can know with 100% certainty the color they have and require.

SO, this is what I was thinking.

From what I understand this is the list of colors available between the Pathfinders, and Hardbody's from 86.5 -97. If I'm missing any, let me know.

Red - Code A

Light Grey - Code K

Dark Grey - Code K

Dark Brownish Grey - Code K

Brownish Grey - Code K

Tan - Code ?

Blue - Code B

Light Blue - Code B

Black - Code K

Now since theres so many Code K options and some of them only available to a Hardbody, people sometimes don't know which they have. light grey to one person might be gark grey to another or brownish grey to another so I'm hoping we can just get that last bit sorted out.

What I'd like some of you generous members here to do to help is get those 7 sample colors up here. So if you guys could go out to the vehicle, take a small trim piece off, like the small access door in the rear cargo area, put it on a white background, like a piece of blank paper, etc. and take a picture of it. From there post it up here. If everyone takes a picture in the same way, the minor differences will be apparent.

Thanks.

Edited by Dowser

Ive seen black a few times, and i really like it....

Here are my shots... The white really makes my Camera distort.

415071_366199273417207_100000814125250_953889_2006616500_o.jpg

580187_366198946750573_100000814125250_953887_342428134_n.jpg

415839_366199106750557_100000814125250_953888_1407224035_o.jpg

I tried... but given the colors, id say Dark grey?

I took a few pictures of the light blue pillar trim piece from my '88 but it looks completely light grey outside of the truck, not light blue at all. Is the light blue code B or is it the regular dark blue?

My buddy's got a good camera I'll snag for a bit, hopefully it picks up the color properly.

Oh christ..... theres a dark blue and a Light blue? *sigh*..... I'll update the list again if that confirmed.

I need to get his all sorted out before I send off the Shipping list for the Gauge Pod Pillar since I don't want to mess anyones order up for color.

And thanks startibartfast. Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Perhaps the sun will make for an issue when snappiing some of these shades as Kingman mentioned. Hopefully we'll be able to notice a difference.

Edited by Dowser

Yeah, the older trucks with the blue interior had mainly dark blue plastic with light blue trim. They never made a completely dark blue interior. I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned before, I thought it was and even then on my truck it'll all be black... sorry I didn't say anything earlier! :unsure:

0424121331.jpg

Edited by Kingman

yea, 2 doors have '2 tone' interior, I'm not sure on 4 doors though :shrug:

I have the 'brown grey' mostly in mine out of a black exterior 88, the lighter shade

645376fd.jpg

the darker 'brown grey'

ccb6db1b.jpg

but the access panel is from a 93 4 door and don't match but is 'dark grey' and matches my spare 93 underdash cubby and 93-95 a-pillar trim pieces (with speaker grill style) perfectly

door panel is from a 90-92 with leather interior, armrest is still 1988

41751ad5.jpg

they match as 'brown grey' and the lighter section that would normally be fabric matches the lighter parts of the factory 2 door 2 tone (and yes the trim around the handle is pink...)

the lighter part of the blue out of my white exterior 88 2 door

a907c975.jpg

the darker blue

2e8dd08b.jpg

644c0109.jpg

rapist red hatch cover that was in my 88 when I got it (that blue piece was missing and replaced with this)

bcfd404d.jpg

and last I can help at the moment

20082120.jpg

rapist red pieces from a 91 Hardbody.

I cant currently get to the 'lighter' grey front seats I have out of a forget-what-year 4 door and ain't in the mood today to try.

That's Brownish grey for sure sewebster.

Nice work and Thanks for uploading everyone! That makes this much better for everyone trying to get it sorted out.

I thought there was only 1 Blue...

1000053j.jpg

I even got the center console from a junkyard there (USA) from a blue interior Pathy and it was a perfect match, no color code was involved.

Guess I was lucky, hum? :shrug:

Edited by teixeira

theres 1 blue

I thought there was only 1 Blue...

I even got the center console from a junkyard there (USA) from a blue interior Pathy and it was a perfect match, no color code was involved.

Guess I was lucky, hum? :shrug:

there's 1 blue interior but on at least 2 doors here they are a 2-tone interior where some of the trimmings are a lighter shade, like around the triangle windows and the top trim piece on the hatch and around the headliner