stero install driving me nuts!

czseven

I have a 92 np i have installed plenty of stero's this one is giving me hell, anaway does my pathy have a stock amp? if so i don't see it, the color codes i get off line don't match @!*% under dash lol, my pathy has two door speakers and tweeters up front and to speakers above in back with two more tweeters as well. anaway not sure if it is hooked up correct i get sound out of all but at low volume lot's of static, when changing stations or cd tracks i get popping from speakers, I also have never had dash lights is that due to the interior light system wires that are supposed to be coming or plugged into oem deck being cut? please help i need tunes badly, any help would be great...

AND YES I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL GROUNDS DIDN'T DO CHIT...

is it bette to disconnect them from what i've read most pple do or bypass just wish i knew what wires were for amp n wich ones to use to bypass lol what a wiring mess

Thankfully, I purchased my head unit from Crutchfield back in '03. They sent me the correct wire harness for the factory Bose system. I'd look around online for the proper wire harness to eliminate the hassle of chasing wires.

Using the correct harness is the best bet, however if you decide to bypass, just cut all wires coming in and out of the amp, I think at that point you can match colours with what you see at the head unit, the rest go to speakers. Buttsplice or solder and heatshrink the connections you make from the head unit to the wires that go to the speakers effectively bypassing the amp. You can use a 9V battery to determine which wires go to which speakers. Someone on here might know the exact wire colours, but I found the 9V battery trick to be helpful, you just touch the 9V to two wires, if they both go to the same speaker you'll hear a pop. You can match which speaker "pops" with the new head unit wiring diagram to determine FR, RR etc. I found by doing this I don't have tweeters any more, just 4 speakers as the head unit only has 4 channels. Hope this helps, I would still recommend the wiring harness however.

trying to figure out what your problem is here.....

Why cant u just go buy a ''reverse harness" for your pathfinder, they are like 10bux at best buy...that will allow you to splice an oem connector back on, then splice your deck wires to an aftermarket cd harness and plug it in .

For the tweeters, can't you just hook them to the door speakers through a 'bass blocker' capacitor?

I've been meaning to bypass my amps... the little beepy noises the head unit makes are deafening as-is.

You're probably right, I've only ever installed head units in a few different vehicle so I don't know what a "bass blocker" capacitor is.

The bottom line is that It's better to use the correct wiring harness from Best Buy / Future Shop or any other stereo distributer. I only bypassed my amp because said distributers, gave me the wrong harness three different times, so I gave up hard-wired it in.