More Center Console Discussion

So I see your Jeep Grand Cherokee center console threads....looks good.

Then I see the R50 console threads, looks better.

Quick question tho, why not WD22 center consoles?

The floor pan between the WD21 and WD22 is going to be identical, so there wont be any gaps (see R50 consoles) and...it should fit in between the seats. Same style seats, and again same vehicle size.

The only thing I can think off the top of my head is the Parking Brake, it may be foot actuated in the Xterra.

Anyway, this is going to be something I'm taking a look at really soon - I just got to finish replacing all the rubber seals and finish sound insulating the thing first.

Thoughts?

Mike

I wonder if the doner Xterra could donate ITS lever and see about fitting it's cables into wd21 cables... if using the same 'shared floorboard' theory then theoretically they should share similar enough firewalls to mount the cable to as well? :shrug: Hmm....

Oh, forget that than. I'll take a center hand brake lever over a under dash handle any day.

B

Cause B is a ddddddddddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrifter!

Cause B is a ddddddddddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrifter!

*snort*

Drift the Pathy right on it's side...

No, the center lever is easier to get to and use and you can get to it in a hurry if you need to. It is better for using to get emergency posi out of an open diff and is a tool used by anyone who wheels with manual tranny.

And 'cause I drift, yo. :lol:

B

That is a good point that an X might work, but I have never compared the two and the local pick and pull doesn't stock X-terras, so... :shrug:

B

The same with our pick a part, the only X I saw to get my roof rack from was a cash for clunker vehicle. I watch the pick a part alot. If an X shows up I will take off work to go rape it!

James

If an X shows up I will take off work to go rape it!

James

This is where proper grammar is a MUST. With the accidental mistype of one extra letter, like so...

If an EX shows up I will take off work to go rape it!

James

It could make you look a little different in the eyes of the internets! :new576:

Can't wait to see how this turns out! I already have my hardbody parking brake waiting for pick up at an American freight yard.

This is where proper grammar is a MUST. With the accidental mistype of one extra letter, like so...

It could make you look a little different in the eyes of the internets! :new576:

Can't wait to see how this turns out! I already have my hardbody parking brake waiting for pick up at an American freight yard.

Ok let me rephrase, If an xterra shows up I will take off any parts that I find useable on my pathfinder. Better? Lol!

James

They seem to be rare down here, I've only seen one xterra in my local junk yards, the one I got the roof rack off of !!, I do see one listed on the upullandpay web site in West Palm but too far for me to drive.

I found a written off 2002 Xterra hear in Edmonton. I'm buying the front seats for $50 each, He wants $100 for the rear seat, which I'll take if I can make it work. I'm waiting for a reply on the roof rack. I'd like to try the centre console as well. The Xterra had waterproof seats did it not? I seem to remember commercials when they first came out (depicting how awesome they were for an outdoor enthusiast) where a muddy mountain biker could fit an upright mountain bike into the back, then climb into the drivers seat showing no concern for the upholstery at all.