My Pathy locks itself while its warmin' up!

Guest Sirus

Well it happened once while, I was at the superstore parking lot, and once yesterday just after work,

I turn it on, and make sure that the door is unlock (physically, by pulling up the lock) Go inside for probably 5 minutes, then go back outside and find that all 4 doors are locked...

The strange thing is that it doesn't happen all the time, or in any certain condition.... hmmmm :help:

anyone else find that they have this problem? Or perhaps a solution?

Thanks

Sirus

Take your interior door panel off the driver's side. There is a plastic switch mechanism wired to the electric locks. It is probably broken. This happened to me

when the dealer locked my key in the car on the lot. They got a slim jim to break into the truck. They broke that little switch mechanism. 2X my wife had the doors lock on her. One time we had to call a tow truck. I took the door apart and phoned the dealer and complained about them breaking the door switch. They supplied me with a free switch. Actually just picked it up yesterday. I am going to install it tomorrow. I can send a photo of two your way if you like. I have a digital camera.

It only seemed to happen when you start the engine, then close the door to go back in the house to let it warm up. Then the doors all auto locked!

My doors haven't locked me out yet..but they do act up in this weather for sure. Especially if it rains a lot. They will work the first time I open it..then...NOTHING

:X then..if she's feeling nice..they might work again after 4 or 5 tries..but never any pattern to it..just weather. :blink:

yea i need to fix mine too, it hates cold weather.

funny story tho, when i first got my truck i help a family friend out to get a bed. she had a car, i had a truck. so i go to the place and they told me to drive around back, and the womans daughter tagged along with me, shes like 16-17 at the time. as im getting out of the car i say "stay in truck ill be just a min or two". well she didnt listen and i hear the sound of two doors close then a lockin noise. i was ah crap, she inanvertanly lock my keys in with the truck running. i was like ah crap, i handt even had it a week and my keys were already locked in. lol

Cold weather did it to mine. The first time it happened was while we we were skiing, 4 1/2 hours away from home, and I was warming up the Path. I unlocked all the doors remotely, I start the Path, I'm arranging equipment in the back seat and shut the door. My girl friend closed the passenger door to come around to my side and all the doors locked. We waited a good 2 hours, Path engine still running, before the lock smith got there and opened it up. After that she was required to wear a spare key around her neck when traveling away from home :)

Mine does the same thing. Sometimes it even relocks the doors when I unlock them. I just hid a key under the truck just in case I lock myself out.

I'd like to see some pics from anybody that has fixed this. I don't know what switch you are talking about that you replaced, and how much would one cost if you bought one from the stealer?

Mine did this too, no matter the weather, no matter the time or place or circumstance, if it felt like it, it did it...sometimes they would go up and down a few times heheh and if I would unlock the doors and the passenger would pull the handle to get it, they would lock....and stay down and you couldn't pull them up. So I removed all the electric motors and stuff from the doors, never had that problem again.

hee hee

lame I know. But I left them in the rear doors so if I hit the "unlock" switch the rear doors and the hatch unlock so I don't mind at all.

(actually the "unlock" switch is labelled "porte deVerrou" or something like that, you must excuse my slander of the French language but my truck somehow made it's way from Canada to a dealer in southern Minnesota)