Heads?

Hi everyone ! I finally have some money and I am in SERIOUS need of a pair of heads for my 92 pathfinder ! Please help.

What happened to your old ones? If they warped you have other problems that need to be fixed first.

How much money?

What happened to the old heads?

Are you looking for replacement heads or better flowing heads to add more power?

You can look into a complete engine swap if you want more power. There was only one design change as far as I know in VG30E heads and it wasn't major. The better heads are on the VG33E version of the engine.

Edited by Tungsten

If the heads can be rebuilt, contact your local machine shop and see what the turnaround time is for a complete rebuild for both heads. I have done some in the past and the machine shop at a 1 day turnaround.

If you want heads, I would recommend going to a junk yard and pulling a set, have them rebuilt and have ready to install.

I have several sets of heads available, probably at least one set each of the four different casting numbers produced. VG33 heads are sought after, especially by guys building high-boost turbo engines, for their larger 10mm exhaust studs and better intake port shape. The cams are junk compared to VG30 ones so you'd want to swap in your stock cams if you got a set of these heads. What's the casting number on the heads you have now? (It's cast into the outside of the head, just below the valve cover gasket surface in raised writing.) To make it easier to find/decipher, the possibilities are: V52, 21V, 85E, and OWO.

Like the others that responded I'm curious why you'd rather buy a set of heads to rebuild rather than sticking with the ones you already have?

I dont have the Money right now to purchase Rebuilt heads. Hopefully gonna find out how much OR were to get Heads that are good from?

I have a VG30E . It is SOHC. I will try and check for Casting numbers when my Fiance get's back from the grocery store. Thanks everyone!

Edited by Dizer92Pathfinder

Rebuilt/junkyard picked is probably a whole lot cheaper than new. But, yeah, what's wrong with them? If you can pin down what's wrong, you can buy just the bits you need, install them yourself, and save a whole lot of money. If they're ticking like a sewing machine, that's the lifters... if they're leaking, replace the gaskets... etc.

sounds like he wants to have a set of heads to have rebuilt and ready to swap on. That reduces the "out of service" time for the vehicle if it is the only thing you have available. I have a spare set of sitting in my garage that I kept off my old engine for just that reason. Problem is that I haven't rebuilt them yet :)