with a 3" lift....

MudSlinger

if i were to only put a 3" body lift on my pathy, what would be the best size tires i could fit? 32's maybe?

i don't think i can afford the calmini kit for the front right now. is there any other way to lift the front? i know that you can just crank the t-bars and get an alingment, but isn't that really bad for them? they are the original t-bars from 87', so i don't know if they'd hold up. any input would be great. i searched and couldn't find any direct answers to this.

thanks in advance!!

I ran a 3" body lift with cranked and reindexed stock t-bars and stock UCA's for like 3 years with 33x10.50's on 15x8" wheels with 4" backspacing (neutral backspacing). I had to trim the fenders in the front a lot, though. I'd say unless you wheel it a lot or really want to go to 33's, just get some 32's and run those for a while. :)

Bottom line, you can run 33x10.50's with just a 3" body lift and stock components, but it's not the best way to go...

so, if i were to just body lift it 3", i could fit 32's no problem????

also, is there any point in the dual-shock kits i've seen? and what kind of shocks could i get for relatively cheap, i was thinking about ranchos, how are they?

Yes. Dual shocks are mostly for high-speed desert running or heavy duty bump supression. You'd have a really stiff ride with dual shocks on an everyday driver.

The "which shocks should I get" topic has been beat to DEATH around here, do some searching and find out yourself.

to be completely honest, i'm not too sure what backspacing really even is, or what the difference is between neutral backspacing or anything else. i searched, and only found 2 threads dealing with backspacing, this was one, and the other didn't help at all. thanks...

here it is quick and easy. i am going to put a 3" body lift on my 87' pathy. i want to put the biggest, widest, stick-out-the-furthest-without-me-dieing tires i can on it. i'm going to buy 15" RC rims. after that, i am at a loss, someone please be kind enuff to lay it out for me, i just spent about an hour and a half searching, and got no where.

after i figure this out, no more dumb questions, i promise.

this is what i need-

1. rim size i should buy, i know 15's, but after that...

2. 32X??????X15...and why is it so hard to find 32's?

3. backspacing.....???

i think thats it...thanks a lot guys

Mudslinger,

I think that 88 is trying to say is this: if you are wanting to go with 15x10 rc Rims(wheels) the backspacing should be netrual backspacing or 5.5. Right 88! Back spacing doesn't refer to the tire itself but refer to where the center part the rim set inside the rim itself.. too little could cause the wheel to set out too far out and too much could cause the rim to sit too much in the fenderwell causing the tire to rub the fenderwell when you turn (I hope that I got this one right, sometimes I get this backwards).. just incase I screwed up here a link to backspacing:

http://www.high-impact.net/wheels/backspac...llustration.htm

I hate to use this one because its from a sheep site but here is another one:

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/backspac.html

As for Tires 32x10.5x15 means that the tire is 32" tall, 10.5" wide and fits a 15 Rim (wheel).

If it was me and this is what I'm looking for is a 32x10.5x15 to go on a 15x8 with a backspacing of appox 4"

I have 12.5 wide tires on 8 inch rims ... so that will not be a problem ... the only thing is that wider track tires with smaller rims, have a tendancy to wear out the middle of the tire quicker than with say a 10 wide rim ... this can be countered by lowering the pressure in the tire, but they wont handle as well on road ... the benefit is when you are off road, there is less of a chance that you will roll the tire off the bead ...

thank you very much guys, for all your help. i have decided to go with 31's. 10" wide on 10" wide rims with 3.5" backspacing, and i think a 2" body lift. anyone see any problems with this?

I'm running 31x10.50x15 on my stock Legos, no body lift ~ '87SE... I see no problemos...