warm hubs

amfq120

My hubs need servicing and I was curious, if I get the warn manual hubs or even the nissan manual hubs out of a junkyard, are either of those servicable without special tools? I don't want to have to pay to get my bearings serviced by a shop.

nevermind my previous post, they would both be the same as far as servicing the bearings go

5523 is correct. To service the bearings the hubs must come off but the bearings are not in the hubs

Edited by headpeace

I'll have to add Warn is pretty good for supporting their hubs, I bought a pair from a junkyard truck and needed a few parts, I e-mailed Warn and they responded they would send them right out no charge AND I told them I wasn't the original purchaser that I pulled them from a junkyard truck !! That's damn special right there !!

thanks for the clarification B ;)

Teamwork!! :beer:

The bearings are still behind a flange nut regardless of what hubs are run and need a 'special' socket to service, but many of us old salties just use a drift pin and tap them on and off... :shrug:

B

I'm running OEM Manual hubs from a Nissan pickup. The internals dwarf that of the auto hubs. I have been very happy with them and use them often.

Edited by MY1PATH

• 3 weeks later...

Hi...I want to clean and lube my auto locking hubs and in the Service Manual (FA p.19) it says to replace the O Ring and Snap ring when you grease them up again. I can't seem to find what size the two parts are without taking them off to inspect them.

My local Nissan dealer was not very helpful but they did print up the schematic and it seems the O ring is - 40250E and Snap Ring is - 38514. Do you think its necessary to replace these two parts or can they simply be cleaned and replaced? Thanks for your time.

Cheers

The hubs bolt on the same with 6 socket head cap screws and slip off of the splines the same also. There's not much to service other than clean and lightly grease for both units.

B

Almost everyone reuses the snap ring, just be gentle with it and no issues. I can't recall the O-ring, but unless it is torn or damaged I see no reason not to simply clean and re-grease. If I have time, I'll dig out the auto hubs I have in the garage to look...

B

Almost everyone reuses the snap ring, just be gentle with it and no issues. I can't recall the O-ring, but unless it is torn or damaged I see no reason not to simply clean and re-grease. If I have time, I'll dig out the auto hubs I have in the garage to look...

B

Thanks for the input. Its finally gotten a lot warmer in my neck of the woods and hope to tackle it soon. Curious to see what size the O ring is whenever you manage to dig them out...Thanks again.