GAS MILAGE!

TShep704

Actually, you can put hubs on it. My understanding is that, though the R50s have drive flanges, they'll accept a manual locking hub. Remove the flange, install the hub, cut a little hole in the hubcap if you're picky, call it good. Just make sure they're locked when you put it in 'auto.'

Also, the auto hubs don't unlock until you drive them backwards a few feet. It's a bit of a pain at times, but makes it easier to pop in and out of 4x when the roads only have ice in patches.

Edited by Slartibartfast

I installed the Warn locking hubs last summer and saw about 2-3MPG better on the street. I'm up in AK, and I still haven't clicked over my hubs (will probably do today though as snow is melting off the streets), and in 4x4 I'm getting between 14-17MPG (street/hwy)...

Getting 12 (winter)to 15 (summer) in town with 10% ethanol (hard to find non ethanol in ND). I did however see 19 to low 20's when moving up here from NC and staying around 60mph. Items to help mileage are MM Manual Hubsl, I have replaced cap/rotor/plugs/wires and timing belt Truck is at 141k so I just figure it is what it is for a under powered suv with 31" tires. I get around 200 on a tank of gas. Probably looking to get a Outback wagon when the 13's come out. More leg room for the 2 kids and better milage will be nice. Anyone looking for a clean 97 LE with no rust (rear chrome bumper getting a spot) give me a shout.

really hate to say this, but after my lift and 32's i lost about 3mpg...so i took a chance on a used k&n kit, it got me back to 16mpg highway city combined i was completely surprised, didnt think it was gonna happen/work but it did

really hate to say this, but after my lift and 32's i lost about 3mpg...so i took a chance on a used k&n kit, it got me back to 16mpg highway city combined i was completely surprised, didnt think it was gonna happen/work but it did

I find that impossible to believe actually. air filters in new engines don't make that kind of difference.

My last tank, all city driving, i got 19.2L/100KM, that's 12.25 US mpg

Was that 3mpg loss just one tank, or consistent over a few tanks?

You make me not want 32's now ;)

it was consistent for 2 tanks, now it may be possible that the air filter that was in it from before was crap, it wasnt real dirty but it was cheap paper, secondly the accordian tube going to the throttle and the resonator to eliminate sound is going to slow the velocity of the charge, third the rubber hoses of the stock system are thin and flimsy which and will probably conduct heat into the air at a greater rate than a thick solid one piece chunk of plastic tubing thats smooth all the way through...all i can say is i was getting 235 miles per 17 gallons before (post lift) which was 13.8mpg and now im getting 265-270miles per 17 gallons on fill up and thats 15.56-15.8mpg combined...i was just as surprised as you were and glad that my $80 paid off...but now that ive got a transfer case and big ass transmission under the car i might lose an mpg or more...meaning yes i converted to 4wd...it should be done as soon as i diagnose a small problem im currently having (fingers crossed for tonight)