Question about rear height stock 31's

ahardb0dy

Now that I have the new 31's on my PF they look like they are a pretty tight fit in the rear fenders, I don't know how the 31's are supposed to look as the tires I had were pretty shot and the only other time I ever had 31's was on my 87 Hardbody and we know the Hardbody sits higher on the frame than the Pathfinder, so take a look at this pic and tell me if this looks about right, also where is a good place to measure the height in the rear so I can compare it to someone else who has 31's on a stock height PF? Thanks

Dr. side rear:

11mb19j.jpg

Someone tell me what those little clip like things on the left of the rim in the picture are? Bead locks? LoL I have no clue

Those would be weights.

Looks the same as mine. I noticed when I put new 31's on my pathfinder I had a rub when turning to full lock. But it turned out to be my mud flaps weren't attached correctly.

Yes to balance the tire, usually factory wheels that have the outer lip like the PF wheels will be balanced with weights on the inside and outside lip because you get a better balance, a lot of people especially with pretty aftermarket wheels don't want to see the ugly wheel weights clipped on the outer edge of the wheel so they will have the tires balanced either with clip on weights on the inner lip or the common stick on weights that are installed on the inside of the wheel closest to the front lip as they can get them. I have also seen wheels balanced with stick on weights installed close to the front and close to the inside edge. Myself, personally on these factory wheels am more concerned with getting a better balance than how they look.

If you care to read it here is a good explanation on the different methods of balancing a tire:

http://www.leadfreewheels.org/101.shtml

My new 31's don't rub on anything, so far, I haven't gone off road yet. I was just wondering if the rear springs may be sagging as the rear looks lower than the front. When I had the alignment done today I told the guy not to lower the front but if it needed to be raised to go ahead, it turned out the pass. front was low so he adjusted it to match the drivers side. Hard to get the truck level on the driveway compared to a level alignment rack.

Now that I have the new 31's on my PF they look like they are a pretty tight fit in the rear fenders, I don't know how the 31's are supposed to look as the tires I had were pretty shot and the only other time I ever had 31's was on my 87 Hardbody and we know the Hardbody sits higher on the frame than the Pathfinder, so take a look at this pic and tell me if this looks about right, also where is a good place to measure the height in the rear so I can compare it to someone else who has 31's on a stock height PF? Thanks

Dr. side rear:

11mb19j.jpg

Wow! Is that stock? My pathy looks like a lowrider compared to that! Well maybe not that much, but yours looks like an inch taller than mine. I have air lift coil spring helpers coming in the mail this week, put that pic makes me think my rear suspension is shot!

Edited by rydsno

At stock height the rear stabilizer bar should be "flat." That is, the ends of it, where the links attach, should be parallel to the ground.

Thanks, I'll check it out later when I get home.