New guy on a project

rrxx007

Hello guys! I just got a 94' pathfinder SE 4x4 my father bought this suv almost 15 years ago and since then it has served faithfully to the family. Presently it is in need of some good care and reconditioning and Im really looking forward to learning as much as I can to get my paty looking and running like new. It definitely needs a paint job and it has a small problem in the engine where it doesnt accelerate normally in some occasions even with the throttle in good use (maybe the spark plug cables are in need of replacing?) , interior work is minor but my priority is to get the engine running good again. After that I will strongly consider lifting it with a calmini 3" 4WD Suspension Kit and giving it a full paint job.

396905_2308481724836_1633137890_1605825_1063420782_n.jpg

389790_2308483324876_1633137890_1605826_885218197_n.jpg

394849_2308485684935_1633137890_1605827_2119294422_n.jpg

396290_2308487884990_1633137890_1605828_2113608052_n.jpg

400477_2308488885015_1633137890_1605829_80613209_n.jpg

407008_2308490725061_1633137890_1605830_982542503_n.jpg

thanks! it really is a looker and when it gets that lift and paint job its gonna look beast! I also didnt mention that theres also a silver 2001 pathfinder in the house I love them patys :tongue:

my eye might be off today, but that doesn't look like an ordinary american Pathfinder. the mud flaps are kinda throwing me off. They are attached to the fender in a weird way. Something else I can't quite place about it.

Anyway, doesn't look too rough. You shouldn't have that hard of a time fixing it up.

You raise a good point. He has a molded mud flap in addition to the black one like my truck has. One thing to note~ he does have a Puerto Rico license plate. Maybe it's an "export" model so to speak? That's what we call foreign domestic's, not sure what to call a non-us bound foreign vehicle : )

the mud flaps are kinda throwing me off. They are attached to the fender in a weird way. Something else I can't quite place about it.

They are either aftermarket, or Puerto Rico has some different factory ones.

Edited by Trogdor636

Welcome to our community. Gosh, there must have been some sort of advertising that I was unaware of to gain so many new members this past week/weekend.

In your first photo I thought that you had your front wheel chocked until I paned down to the picture of the front. It's a coconut! :lmao: We don't have too many of those in South Carolina.

Welcome to our community. Gosh, there must have been some sort of advertising that I was unaware of to gain so many new members this past week/weekend.

In your first photo I thought that you had your front wheel chocked until I paned down to the picture of the front. It's a coconut! :lmao: We don't have too many of those in South Carolina.

I guess in the topical states, you have coconuts just everywhere. In the road, under your car, in your yard

HA! Even I hadnt noticed the mudflap difference the suv was bought new here en PR but its not supposed to be different to the american model that I know of. And actually that coconut is from a neighbors palm tree LOL

Also I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find the plastic moldings that go around the windshield and rear side windows? seems like the heat ruined them and they are bent and ready to crack.

my eye might be off today, but that doesn't look like an ordinary american Pathfinder. the mud flaps are kinda throwing me off. They are attached to the fender in a weird way. Something else I can't quite place about it.

Anyway, doesn't look too rough. You shouldn't have that hard of a time fixing it up.

:rolleyes:

sell001.jpg

Hey look, my 1995 american model has the same ones...They were the 94-95 flare-less mudflaps.

Edited by adamzan

Welcome to NPORA !!

The paint doesn't look to bad to me, repaint the bumpers, maybe new clear on the hood.

The moldings either from a junk yard (may be as bad as what you have now) or the dealer.

Welcome to NPORA !!

The paint doesn't look to bad to me, repaint the bumpers, maybe new clear on the hood.

the problem is that the roof is worse than the hood and it even has small rust patches.

"...it has a small problem in the engine where it doesnt accelerate normally in some occasions even with the throttle in good use (maybe the spark plug cables are in need of replacing?)"

can anyone shed some light into this problem ? Im not much of a mechanic and can use as much help as I can get.

First thing you should do is download the FSM from this site, Than I would check to see if you have any stored codes in the computer. As with any used vehicle if you don't know when it had a tune up, filter changes, oil change, than you should do it.

Edited by ahardb0dy

welcome.!

if your planning on doing at 3" SL be prepared to replace your ball joints...they dont last long with the angle they set at...a 2" BL and 2" SL will be less wear and tear on your IFS and you could tuck 33" tires no problem

pathfinder6.jpg

94 stock mud flaps

running 33" i had to take them off

Man I totally love your truck I was planing to do a similar paint job but with red in the upper part and black in the lower ! As for the SL I still havent researched enough but I got the idea that its way easier to give it a SL than a BL, what your opinion? Youre running a 2" BL and SL?

Thanks for chiming in Stalker~ I also wanted to do a 3in SL but now that you said the ball joins wont like it I am having second thoughts. The last thing I want is to build a rig that is going to break while I am 1.5hrs away in Galveston. Also like your truck, came across it last week.