Power Mirrors Won't Work

Nefarious

Hey all. Well after putting my Pathfinder back on the road I was reminded that my power mirrors dont work!! Haha they never have since I've owned it..kind of forgot. Anyway, has anyone been through this before? What exactly does the system consist of... Neither side works up or down; left or right.

Before I start tearing into the interior, what am I looking for? Is there some kind of power mirror amplifier that is prone to failure? Could it be the switch since nothing at all works? Always nice to ask around if anyone else has already dealt with the headache! :P

Edited by Nefarious

Hey all. Well after putting my Pathfinder back on the road I was reminded that my power mirrors dont work!! Haha they never have since I've owned it..kind of forgot. Anyway, has anyone been through this before? What exactly does the system consist of... Neither side works up or down; left or right.

Before I start tearing into the interior, what am I looking for? Is there some kind of power mirror amplifier that is prone to failure? Could it be the switch since nothing at all works? Always nice to ask around if anyone else has already dealt with the headache! :P

I have power mirrors, and they still work after 17 years. I've torn my dash completely apart countless times and they are still intact.

What you might want to check for first, is that the switch is plugged in.

As you may know, every single switch/button just pops right out of it's place.

The hazards pop right out of the spot, the dimmer switch, the defroster, all those switches just pop right out. The power mirror switch is no exception. If you take off the bottom dash (the part below the steering wheel that covers the fuse box), you can get to the screw that holds in the driver's side AC vent. Actually, you don't even have to take off the bottom part, just unclip it at the top and let it hang down. Take that screw out, then you can bend the vent (VERY carefully) up and pop the switches out. You might have the cruise control switch, the Auto/power switch, and the power mirrors switch. Pop the cruise control and auto/power switches out for more room. Then pop out the power mirrors switch and see if it's connected. Also, it may be connected but the relay has gone bad. I think you should change that first.

kk thanks for the leading direction guys. Yeah i searched a bunch and found NOTHING about the power mirrors not working lol. seems to be a pretty reliable system on these rigs! haha yeah ill start dismantling tomorrow and see if its plugged in first and check the relay as well.

oh hey.. no way.. now that i think about it, i dont think the rear wiper works either!!! it totally went to the back of my mind as i never use it anyway.. haha

i didnt get a chance to check it out being christmas at all but that really would make sense! ill check it tomorrow. thanks guys!!

Edited by Nefarious