my turbo path

Alfredo24PR

Open downpipe at the front of the car?? What is regulating your boost?

Makes alot of noise thats for sure, wouldnt say its a whoooole lot faster than oem

Are those the stocks exhaust manifolds just modyfied and connected under the engine?

Pics are kinda hard to decifer

Open downpipe at the front of the car?? What is regulating your boost?

Makes alot of noise thats for sure, wouldnt say its a whoooole lot faster than oem

Are those the stocks exhaust manifolds just modyfied and connected under the engine?

Pics are kinda hard to decifer

It is really weird about the downpipe. i was just looking at it this morning but after a while I noticed that its the wastegate I think.

I agree that on this video it does not look a whole lot faster since the shifts were really short, I will post a video with shifts at 6500 RPM because it feels different than when just flooring it on drive.

Edited by Alfredo24PR

**drooling** dang that thing can really move!

that almost makes me want to turbo mine :crossedwires::D

Nice, It sure sounds a whole lot faster!

hopefully it will be all done before april and I can take it to the track to test its quarter mile!

only thing that is missing is Haltech tune and better brakes!

and ditching the FMU which is surely not giving you an ideal a/f ratio

You guys must not have emissions in PR.

lol yes we do, but you can pay more to pass or if you know someone they will just pass you. last year I did not even have to take my path lol

Be honest, you said your parents paid for this turbo/labour etc, would they spring for a new engine if it popped to??

VQ35 + FMU as engine management = ticking time bomb

It is impressive though, pat your mechanic on the back

Be honest, you said your parents paid for this turbo/labour etc, would they spring for a new engine if it popped to??

VQ35 + FMU as engine management = ticking time bomb

It is impressive though, pat your mechanic on the back

Lol I dont know, but Haltech will be installed before April 1. And I have been trying to avoid driving it until Haltech is installed. It has not even done 600 miles since the turbo was installed.

• Like 1

I like how someones first stage of the shock sensor on their alarm goes off everytime you rev it.

lol me too, thats only since it was in an underground parking though

• 2 months later...

Haltech installed. Made excellent gains. Only problem is that my country is only providing 91 octane besides only one gas station that provides 100 octane at 2.69 per litter, and the boost had to be reduced to avoid the engine knocking (i think that it what it is called when there is a weird engine noise due to the pistons or idk).

A methanol injection kit will be added this tuesday along with a bigger turbine (current turbo is a T3/T4) in order to make the desired tuning and horsepower that I want.

111e99a.jpg

As you see, the max hp was 423.94 at a max boost of 14.93

However, due to troubleshoot of engine knock due to low octane (91 octane gas), it was, for safety, reduced to 12-13lbs for 345.75 horsepower. No engine knock problem but a water/methanol kit will be installed in a couple of weeks along with a bigger turbo for results than can easily allow 425hp. It would easily achieve more but due to stock engine limitations, for safety it will not go not too much over 400 horsepower.

On a side note, the Haltech Platinum Sport 2000, allowed easy tuning and even has a nice launch control that I tested and it felt AMAZING. Boost cut is set at 15 or 16 I think to avoid disaster.

the only problem with the haltech was controlling something that I do not know the name, but this custom piece needed to be installed for it too work. I will take a picture of it installed so maybe you will know what it is. I think it is crank something..

photo1.jpg

Looks like a crank angle sensor wheel, the new engine controller must have a sensor for that. From what I've read, the water injection should help keep the pre-detonation (knocking) down.

How's the trans holding up?

• 8 months later...