New. Well, kind of.

zstyle

Hey guys and gals. My name is Zach; I have been lurking for probably a couple years now. Just here and there. I have probably been registered for a few months, but I figured I would start posting a little. Might as well start off with an introduction and a few photos of my Pathy. It is an 01 SE that features a cold air intake that I built out of some left over intake pipe (I think most of it was donated by an old 240sx intake I had laying around), one off bumpers and rocker protectors, a roof rack that I picked up for $50, and a loud stereo system (I manage a stereo shop so basically got all of it for free or very cheap). I have had the truck for about four years. I had to weld up the driver fender well do to it rotting out and tearing, it was so bad it rubbed on my steering shaft. Other than that the truck has been awesome. I am pretty sure it was in a rollover that I didn't know about before I got it because it has had part of the roof replaced with a section from a burgandy truck. Really haven't had to fix much on it. The suspension is saggy in the rear, front strut mounts bind, and it does need new tires. As you can see I am running spare wheels on the rear. I want to get a 31" tall tire under the truck but from what I can tell you need to lift it to get it to fit first, which I have been planning on yet life keeps coming up and other toys soak up money over the DD. I am just kind of waiting to do it all at once I guess. Maybe I will just try to get through winter and do it all in the spring. Unless you guys have some suggestions.

199912_1948701756862_1222135354_2449867_233022_n.jpg

189159_1948704036919_1222135354_2449871_1320673_n.jpg

200646_1948698756787_1222135354_2449863_3010292_n.jpg

Welcome!

I'd avoid the dealer if I were you, since there is a recall for the driver's side front strut housing which you had repaired. If Nissan does an inspection and they deem it undriveable to their standards (it's been known to happen, even with it repaired), they can condemn your vehicle. See this PDF for details.

Edited by Towncivilian

Here are pictures of the rear when it just finished completion. It is a little rusty now and needs a fresh coat of paint or to get re-powder coated, seems where the CNC plasma cutter was used it has rusted the worst. Most of the tubing still looks good. I was going for more of a pre runner style so that is why the back was left open. The front of the truck was just so ugly and needed to be covered up with plating. Everything was built and powder coated by Jim at www.custompowderkote.com

I do plan on doing a little trail riding/ camping with the truck. It has gone on many snowboard trips. Smashing through snowbanks is a blast!

zack_bump7.JPG

This shows my old license plate off of my wide body 240sx that I had transferred over. New one is my username which I use everywhere.

zack_bump6.JPG

Zack_bump5.JPG

zack_bump4.JPG

What is the largest tire that I can fit with or without spacers before I do a lift?

Well here is when my suspencion was completely stock with 31x10.5x15 mud terrains, with a little trimming you should be able to fit them; but with a lift there should't be a probem.

im4b0b72294c.jpg

im4b0b71c76e.jpg

What was the backspacing on those wheels?

My Pathy passed the warranty inspection. They said the repair was done very well. I will probably post pictures of it later. Have to call Nissan to see if I can be reimbursed for it.

I just priced out Toyo Open Country T/As for it, 265/70/16s, at $630 for all 4 installed. That equates out to be a 31x10.43 so they will fit before I do the lift, just want to be extremely clear on this?

My Pathy passed the warranty inspection. They said the repair was done very well. I will probably post pictures of it later. Have to call Nissan to see if I can be reimbursed for it.

I just priced out Toyo Open Country T/As for it, 265/70/16s, at $630 for all 4 installed. That equates out to be a 31x10.43 so they will fit before I do the lift, just want to be extremely clear on this?

Depending on how saggy your suspension is it's possible you will have some rubbing at full lock (reverse only probably), nothing taking a heat gun to mould the front of the plastic fender liner wont fix.

Welcome to the club! Finally someone else in Michigan with an R50. I'm in Rochester Hills, MI.

265/70/16 should fit just fine without the lift. Biggest concern is whether or not the tire, in that stock rim, will clear the strut mount. And the answer is yes. I run 265/70/16 in the winter on the same wheel as yours. Tire-to-strut clearance is about an inch. I've 2" suspension lift, but it doesn't change the distance between tire and strut. Depending on how much it sags, you might rub the fender flares during full turn. But you can always trim the edges. With 2" lift, 3.75" backspace wheels or 1.5" wheel spacer, you can run 33's or 285/75/16.

Edited by dududuckling

What was the backspacing on those wheels?

I bought those rims off of a 4Runner and believe they were 3.75 BS, I still have them today I run my 34x10.5x15 Swampers on them. Here is my pathy now with the same rims:

0921111752a.jpg

downsized_0921111749.jpg

Edited by muddfildvaynes

I did have to do some trimming on the flare near the rocker, took like maybe 3/5" out and rolled my fender in a little near the rockers; if you do a search I beleve 01Silverpathy has a right up on how he did his with a video. It only rubbed at full lock and in reverse but after the trimming it was fine.

Nice rig man! I can't believe you scored that roof rack for $50!! Is that a universal fit or pathfinder specific rack? Also, I love the front bumper! Did you fab that up yourself? I have the exact same year, model, & color of Pathy :beer: I'm actually looking to put on taller tires (31x10.5) and a lift before spring (there is a local snow trail run happening in February that I want to be ready for!).

Edited by winnipegjohnston