Did I buy lowerring springs?

WOT

I bought these used springs off a local, supposed to be the 4x4parts.com 2" lowering coil spring set. This is a picture of a front and back spring.

p1010826a.jpg

The left spring is:

9 3/4" Tall

6 Coils

6.2" OD

5" ID

.560" wire diam

The right spring is tapered:

10 3/4" Tall

5 coils

The bottom is 6.2 OD, 4.7" ID

The top is 6.75" OD, 5.5" ID

.630 wire diameter

I used a measuring tape and a crappy caliper I have in the garage so my numbers are approximate, but can anyone confirm this is there lowering spring??

Thanks

Those springs certainly look a lot shorter than either the stock or the 2" lift springs, so I would guess that they are indeed lowering springs. The taper is correct for the front springs. The larger diameter goes on the strut spring pan, and the smaller diameter fits into the strut top mount.

Not a confirmation, but according to measurements, those are quite a bit shorter in free length:

Rear R50 coils are 14.38" stock and AC/4x4Parts 2" lift coils are 15".

I installed them a few nights ago and they sure are lowerring springs. About 3" in the rear with my stereo and 3.25" in the front after I cut half a coil off.

I really need to pick up some new front end parts and get a good alignment

:scratchhead: I'm guessing that you are going to do the SFD but only wanted 2" out of it? Did you intend on lowering your 4x4?

Good question, I'm confused over this thread too!

Edited by erathge

We all love our Pathy's and enjoy discussing (and even showing off our customizations) but, this is primarily an offroad forum. I'd still like to see before and after pics of your ride even though low riders are not very popular with our crowd. You may want to check out The Nico forums where there are more people that share your interests.

I want to see pics too! I always lower my 2wd vehicles a little. I dropped the back of my titan a couple of inches so it would sit more level and not look like it's just on the two front wheels when stopping fast. It looked like I was doing a stoppy in my truck!

I like the lowered look but not dragging the pavement, it still needs to be practical.

This is a pathfinder forum, your not the only 2wd on here.

James

Ouch, no love for the 2wd guy eh!

Anyways its raining and I put my snow tires on today so I used my cell phone

p1412111401.jpg

p141211134302.jpg

p1412111340.jpg

p1412111344.jpg

p1412111345.jpg

Looked better with the 20's

lol! I said I want to see pics. No flameage intended.

None seen by me, just backing him up a little being 1 of the 2wd guys round these parts :aok: cut it off before someone starts

WOT, that got a decent little stance now... lacking that gap :aok: I'm sure as you said though, the fair weather set do it better justice

The stance is fine, looks pretty good actually. The tail light covers though... :ill:

They are not "covers" on the taillights

I actually made taillight copies out of fiberglass and frenched in those 24LED strips. One of a kind...

I personally loved the blacked out oems I had, but the cops didnt and I got several tickets. I like the updated look of the LED's and it keeps the piggy's happy

And hell I just like modyfying things

Oh I got that sir! Mines a 2.5" catback I made with a flowmaster 40 and deleted factory resonators, it currently dumps just after the axle as I am thinking about making a custom rear bumper. But still sounds great

Edited by WOT