Hardbody Parking Brake in a Pathfinder?

Dowser

Just a little off-topic here and not to discourage from converting to dash mounted parking brakes but if you don't want to do this conversion you can use that little space for a CB radio or some other nifty device. :broken:

Is the length of cable really that important? Looking at the FSM, the lines are routed differently between the HB and the Pathy anyway, so you'd have to do some hacking (?) to mount the HB system in its entirety. Why not route the cable through the center console, then connect the line from the HB brake to the stock e-brake line where it comes through the floor? You'd have to cut the cables a bit to splice them anyway... length becomes irrelevant. Right? Or is a Hardbody-style mounting easier than I'm thinking?

With the regular cab standard wheelbase as ours, it routes differently then ours yes, but the adjuster ends up lining up where the adjust is on our set up. There shouldn't be any modification to the cable or anything like that. You'll notice in the FSM page BR-30(according to a 1992FSM) that the 2WD handbrakes cable is obviously longer then ours due to its location, but at the adjuster,the cables going to the rear axle are almost Identical to ours. The 4WD version is WAY different setup.

I suppose the extra foot of cable length isn't extremely important but you would have to secure it somehow.

Edited by Dowser

• 7 months later...

Hey guys my handbrake seized and snapped in my 1991 WD21. My mechanic said its gonna cost more then 800 just for the cable and rear brake shoes.... Where can I buy the cable and shoes for my vehicle?