Pathfinder Gas tank in Hardbody Pickup?

All,

I recently obtained a D21 extended cab, and am thinking about converting it into an overlanding rig. Does anyone have any idea if a 21 gallon Pathfinder tank would fit in the spare tire area under the bed? That, and the 21 gallon hardbody tank would yield 42 gallons of capacity, and with a few jerry cans, and combined with the relatively good fuel economy of a ka24e, It should have a range about 800 miles.

Any thoughts/ideas/comments are welcome.

That's a lot of gas..wouldn't that be heavy?

No, it's a pickup truck.

EDIT: Added the quote to what I was referring to. Some people thought I was saying this is impossible. :lol:

Edited by Tungsten

• 1 month later...

Think there's some suspension in the way to do that, plus there's a reason the X guys swap TO a wd21 tank from a setup similar to a HB

Yeah, I understand why they did that. I was curious as to if I could run both tanks. But you are right, there is too much suspension stuff in the way - possibly the only downside of coils in the rear.

I like the idea, and I can see the reason for the excessive fuel. Would be really cool to have enough to do a "Book of Eli" trek from one desolate area of the country to another...

Havent owned a HB in a few years, but it should work with some minor modifications...