Passenger Handle

By the way.... kick ass handle. Love the addition of the cap opener for the Passenger to use.

Thanks! I wonder if a "offroad use only" sticker needs to be applied? I am not much for wheeling and drinking.. however it would be good for a laugh.

Edited by AK9849cy

Alright then as long as some form of engineering was involved then I'm good with that. I just hate to see people screw random crap to the trim without thinking about what they are doing. There is the right way and then there is the cheap way. Good job on that project 2dr!

Nothing is perfect.. we can only try to do the best we can. A good analogy one of my friends who builds cages uses.. "I don't want to be rolling down a hill wondering if I should have used DOM tubing."

Like I pointed out before, the main reason I made that first handle was to place that thing where I would want to grab. So I closed my eyes and grabbed for the handle. I am an average size guy and I am sure everyone grabs a little different, but it is honestly the best guess for placement I could come up with. I thought about making the top of the handle like the bottom.. but it would crack a skull in one blow. Too bad because it looked like a tomahawk stuck in the pillar! Was kinda neat in a way. (If wearing a seatbelt the head doesn't come close!) I also found myself pulling on the upper arch of the handle rather than centered. Must be a different muscle group with the knuckles pointed that way.

Edited by AK9849cy

Wow you sounded like a total douchebag (tungsten).

Good work ak9849cy

Another example of the bracing would be for the factory spare tire carrier.

Edited by adamzan

Another example of the bracing would be for the factory spare tire carrier.

You are absolutely correct! A/C used to have those plates on hand for those who want the tire carrier.

Edited by AK9849cy

LOL, I made that one so I could study the whole deal while setting in the seat. Placement, hand/knuckle clearance, odd ideas to make it better. I have to admit the engraving was kinda clever! One of my good buds told me to call it that.

so is that a yes? XD

i really want one like that now. PLZ MAKE ONE FOR ME I will pay you for it. :)

so is that a yes? XD

i really want one like that now. PLZ MAKE ONE FOR ME I will pay you for it. :)

:o) How ya going to mount it up? Do you have a welder for mounts like I am going to make?

Edited by AK9849cy

:o) How ya going to mount it up? Do you have a welder for mounts like I am going to make?

Im not sure But I WANT ONE!! Dads a pretty good welder so he might be able to hook me up...unless you wanna send me the handle and mounts together :) idk how much u want for it tho...shoot me a price.

• 3 weeks later...

nice work again ryan...like the bitch grip...mine would need to say "OH @!*% HANDLE"...I can't wait to have a house and a shop...if things work out i'll have plenty of room (house I want has a 1200 sq ft shop) I'll let you take up part time residence in there if you want...it's a short drive halfway across the country

Hmm...i've seen several roll overs in older nissans and the A pillar is plenty strong...the geometry is naturally strong...a lot stronger than anything i could think of "overhead"

I may make something like this down the road.. My 8 year old girl decided last spring to play ice hockey.. never thought I would enjoy watching her play like I do. Needless to say it is cutting into the fab time.