Stock tire size with a 2" lift

Chaser999

So I didnt think i would need a lift a couple of months ago so i went ahead and bought new tires but the stock size, 245/65/17 (LE model). The tires are Definity Dakota AT2 and have a good tread pattern on them. My friend took up in the mountains near here and now I'm really considering a lift kit in the near future but I can't shovel out extra money for new tires again. So my question is whether or not my truck will look....unproportional....if I don't get bigger tires with my lift kit. I did some looking and it looks like my tires in metric have a 29.5 diameter.

Pictures would be awesome if your running a lift with the stock tires. I was considering lifting and adding the warn hubs and possibly wheel spacers at the time of the lift as well.

Thanks for your advice,

-Chase

I don't think it'll look bad with the 2" AC lift. You can simulate the appearance of a lift if you have a couple of floor jacks and a tall block of wood. Put one floor jack in the center of the front crossmember and start jacking until the height is 2" more in front. Put the wood on its end on top of the floor jack and place the floor jack beneath a part of the unibody "frame" in the rear (trailer hitch, spare tire crossmember, or rear lower link mounts). Jack it up the same amount, stand back, and see what you think!

That's awesome, I'll try that next time I get around some jacks. Thats the bad thing about being a student; off campus apartment complex. What about the OME lift. It's not as tall of a lift but is it a noticeable .5"? I'm adding the rola roof rack soon with the extension and possibly some lights, just food for thought........

I will let you kno about the lift.... I plan on doing mine tomorrow night....I just got the struts put together....so it wont take as much time.. I got the HD front and MD rear OME springs...will see how much of a lift it gives her...

I will let you kno about the lift.... I plan on doing mine tomorrow night....I just got the struts put together....so it wont take as much time.. I got the HD front and MD rear OME springs...will see how much of a lift it gives her...

Thats awesome, good luck with the build! Could you post some pictures before and after? That would help me out x1000000. Are you running stock tires still?

Here is my '01 right after the AC lift...I ran stock wheels and tires i think for 2-3 months

ACLiftKit026.jpg

notice how the front is slightly higher then the rear. This was back at the end of February...

This is how she sits currently...new wheels and bigger tires...settled some

Badlands040.jpg

And this was with a bunch of tools and equipment in the back...maybe a couple hundred lbs worth

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

I think If i went with the EMU lift my 245's wouldnt look too terrible. Worse comes to worse i could just sell my stock wheels and the tires and try and find some used ones for cheap...decisions decisions

Heres a noob tire question, 245 is the height of the sidewall, so does that mean a 245/65/17 is taller that a 245/65/16 since that latter has a smaller rim size? Or is 245 the height of the entire tire all together?

You are correct in stating that a 245/65/17 is taller.

The first number (245) is the tread width in mm. The second number (65) is the aspect ratio (height of sidewall) , which is % of sidewall height to the width. and the last number is rim diameter as you already know.

Hope that helps.

Instead of starting a new topic for my next question I figured I'd post it in here since the answer should be simple. I'm looking into buying the warn manual hubs and I've all the topics I could find on them but I still have a question.

1) Will the warn hubs fit the LE model R50 wheels? I don't mind if i have to dremel the opening a little but will it work at all? Any pictures of this already done would be great.

Thats awesome, good luck with the build! Could you post some pictures before and after? That would help me out x1000000. Are you running stock tires still?

I'm running the wheels and tires from my SE stock(265/75/15) on the LE stock(235/70/15)....so there not entirely stock for the LE...I do have a little bit of rub in the front of the frame in the rear of the tire so Im going to get spacers. But she looks good will get day time pix of her up on here later today.

Instead of starting a new topic for my next question I figured I'd post it in here since the answer should be simple. I'm looking into buying the warn manual hubs and I've all the topics I could find on them but I still have a question.

1) Will the warn hubs fit the LE model R50 wheels? I don't mind if i have to dremel the opening a little but will it work at all? Any pictures of this already done would be great.

Dremel...I think not.... if they dont fit they need to be bored out evenly, a good place would be a custom wheel shop. But they should fit. I have seen a few other members here have them installed with no problem.

Id save $$ and get mile markers. Mine work fine and I have the chrome stockers on the XE trim. If anything find some 6 lugs from a jy and have your tires put on it if your wheels do not work with the manual hubs.

Yea i was planning on Mile Markers, at least for now. I plain on hitting some trails out here at school but nothing to harsh. This truck still drives me to class everyday and has to make a 6 hour trip home every so often After school is when the real mods will come.

Thanks for the pictures, your truck is bada$$, no joke. Yea I know warn no doubt probably has a better quality product, but I think for my usage I wont need to spend the extra cash for them. I can't make any purchases untill I'm back home anyway I have no tools at school with me. I can't even change my own oil.

I was tried to installed Warn hubs on my 02 LE, IT DIDN'T FIT. The wheels need to be bored out.

What wheels were they? They fit over the wheels in my pics without issues

You have a different set of rims. Ours are six spoke but not the tri star pattern and they are 17's not 16's.

• 5 months later...

I have a quick question. I cannot seem to find a clear answer on. I have a 98 pathfinder I want to lift. I found some one saying to use this one at 4x4Parts But there is a note on it saying new wheels are needed with a 3.75" negative backspace. What lift are you guys using with the stock tires. I plan on getting different rims and tires eventually but I woul like to go ahead and do the lift.