Exhaust bolts

Pbpredator

do you mean a 300zx or a 350z? also which year should i ask for the studs in?

Unfortunately I am not sure. You might try searching around on the board to see if you can find that info, or perhaps someone else will post here. Not the new 350/370Z, presumably an older one with a VG engine.

Here were the prices the last time I checked. These are for the upgraded parts (the Z stuff):

14037-V5005 Lock Washer for manifold studs - $1.88 each

14039-W1500 Nuts for manifold studs - 0.65 each

14065-V5004 Manifold Studs - $3.21 each

This was another solution I noted from the forums when I was looking into fixing my passenger side:

8mm x 1.25 x 40mm (6) metric grade 5

8mm lock washers (12) metric grade 5

4X4parts also sells the kit.

I know I must sound like a whiny dueche >< Haha but thanks again to everyone who has helped... went ahead and ordered those... hopefully they will be here before the weekend so I can get em in. Now on to my next problem that broken stud in the head

Yeah. I mean, you could buy some redi rod and cut them yourself,

Or you could just get some bolts, but, caveat emptor...

Oh Hell No and Oh Hell Yes!!

2011-09-26_16-57-51_826.jpg

Ok so this is the only stud that is the same size and length (the one on the left) but the lengths of the threads are different... does this matter?

The thread engagenment in the head does matter in aluminum, I can look up the lengths once I get home and I know I posted them in a thread here.

B

I know I must sound like a whiny dueche >

Damn, I didn't get to this in time. Here is a link to a 25 pack of bolts (enough for 2 cars) for $11, throw in some lock washers and you are all set for under $15...

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/Hex-Head-Cap-Screw-6AE10?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-Fasteners-_-Screws-_-6AE10&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=6AE10

B

Never seen or used those Adam, but I don't like the reverse spiral on small stuff, EZ-Outs anyway.

I've never actually used that style... how do you find them better? Anything in particular?

They don't have the reverse spiral so the bite is set by taping them into the hole (read variable) and rather than break, they will usually back out of the hole so you have a better feel. I've broken too many of the small spiral types to trust them. Everyone has their own preference/finess though. :shrug:

B

The best approach is to use left handed drills from the start, regardless of what extractor you use...

Edited by Precise1

We got it the first time!! :D

Cobalt drills are harder than HSS but tend to be more brittle, especially with higher percentages of cobalt alloys. The tungsten drills should be tougher but not as brittle so I would use those. I do not believe the studs are hardened so special tooling is not really required.

B