Turn Over

Reshma

My truck has been needing a new batt. i got a brand new 800 crank batt today. the first time it started right up from being parked for a 24+ hours. it was a kinda VROOM!! done started. first turn and it started right up.

then i drove to the store and the truck was all nice and warmed up. when i started it up it was a kinda or vrvrvroom!! like it turned twice before firing up. not sure why it happens. I searched to no avail on the forums. help please. also the remote start used to work and start her in the dead of winter cold. now she wont turn over in summer warmed up...im confused.

it makes more turns. the first time i started it today while cold with a brand new battery and it took one turn and it started right up (turn start). nice and strong. then after taking a little drive i tried starting it up while warm and it kinda did the usual (turn turn turn start). i didn't understand why it did that i was hoping for some answers.

my remote start used to start the truck because the truck used to start (turn start)

Then my old batt started to die and and wouldnt take charge and the start turned into (turn turn turn start)

i hope u guys understand

and by "turn" i mean the engine turning. NOT me turning the key.

I had a buddy that was having all sorts of charging issues on his truck. turned out it was a loose cable. Make sure all of your connections are snug. He had some power wire that I think went to the alternator that was coming apart. Maybe one of yours is coming loose as it heats up.

Edited by Joel97R50

I think your over analyzing. If it doesn't turn over instantly it is not bad. As long as it does so in a few seconds and its not sounding like its weakening.

Little bit of science here, when the engine is cold it brings in cold air and a rich mixture to ensure a strong start. If its not terribly cold outside it MAY kick right up instantly.

BUT when the engine is warmed up the coolant lines in the throttle body heat up the incoming air so the air charge is not as dense and also leaner because the engine is not cold.

So naturally warm starts MAY take a little longer and you should not be alarmed.

If you are still concerned a video tells us allot more than "vrrrrommm"

Edited by MY1PATH

Even new cars do this! The engine will not always start from the first crank. As long as the starter doesn't sound like it's winding down and it starts in a few seconds then there is nothing to worry about.