Acceleration video..

NissanNismoZ

damn honda civic made me mess up and the camera work was iffy :tongue:

i need to make it again with someone else holding the camera

Was that some slippage in the last gear?

And full size trucks aren't anything to mess around with anymore. Almost every new full size truck hauls ass.

And full size trucks aren't anything to mess around with anymore. Almost every new full size truck hauls ass.

My dad's 05 ram with the 5.7L will lay rubber for miles.

It starts at 15 mph because if I punch it at a dry stop it won't quit spinning. If you'll notice even at 15 it spun and the slip light was flashing.

No need to criticize because you don't have one. You might think the needle isn't swinging fast but it marks 140 not 100. I know it's not nearly as impressive as your 26 second 0-60 video but believe me I haven't lost any street races around here with it.

James

The 0 to 60 was in the last 11 seconds which is not bad for something with 31s. Also, Titans suck. If Nissan made something that was a real upgrade to the WD21, I would have it today.

No slippage there; I let go off the pedal because there was a car slowing down in front of me, stupid civic driver mashing the brakes trying to piss me off, and then I stepped on the pedal again when I got around it and at the same time I tried to get it out of power mode. :lol: It's really hard to do this on a busy highway while holding the camera and watching the road. I need to find a way to secure the camera to the column or have someone else hold it.

Here's a video of my dad's '01 F150 5.4L 0-85MPH. Trucks have gotten WAY quicker recently, his is a dog compared to anything new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycU4bCfdL7s

I drove my Grandpa's '08 Titan when he first bought it. My first thought was "damn this thing feels cheap inside" then "holy sheit it's quick!"

Here's a video of my dad's '01 F150 5.4L 0-85MPH. Trucks have gotten WAY quicker recently, his is a dog compared to anything new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycU4bCfdL7s

This is pretty much how my Pathfinder accelerates. It can't carry as much as that F150 can though!

I drove my Grandpa's '08 Titan when he first bought it. My first thought was "damn this thing feels cheap inside" then "holy sheit it's quick!"

My thoughts exactly! It may have plenty of torque (and really not that much compared to the competition) but everything else is just sub standard. Basically it's just a cheap full size pickup to haul stuff around in. It's not practical for anything else beyond that just like most full size pickup trucks, at least in factory form.

Edited by Tungsten

Well everyone has an opinion, almost all the newer trucks are all plastic inside. Either plastic or the old 70 model chevy with the painted steel dash, if you hit it with a sharp edge it will scratch. I love my titan as much as my pathy. My titan is an LE crew so its the heaviest of the three models (except for the long bed model) just a little over 5200#. It pulls an 8000# camper for me on some weekends and has played at the track on other weekends. One run in the winter time I got a 14.89 quarter mile, in summer time 15.09. Not bad for a 5200# truck with just a few mods. Anyone that knows about racing knows that a full size truck running in the 14s is pretty good.

If a titan is not for you that's your prerogative just don't criticize mine from just watching the speedometer.

James

Well everyone has an opinion, almost all the newer trucks are all plastic inside. Either plastic or the old 70 model chevy with the painted steel dash, if you hit it with a sharp edge it will scratch. I love my titan as much as my pathy. My titan is an LE crew so its the heaviest of the three models (except for the long bed model) just a little over 5200#. It pulls an 8000# camper for me on some weekends and has played at the track on other weekends. One run in the winter time I got a 14.89 quarter mile, in summer time 15.09. Not bad for a 5200# truck with just a few mods. Anyone that knows about racing knows that a full size truck running in the 14s is pretty good.

If a titan is not for you that's your prerogative just don't criticize mine from just watching the speedometer.

James

I'm a twisted individual who enjoys your sarcasm. 26 second 0-60 video :rofl: you know when I first got my truck it wouldn't even reach 40 in 26 seconds because it was out of tune with worn out suspension and had a sticky fan clutch. Now it does 0-60 in around 11 seconds and has the great handling of a car to match too! Not bad for a 20 year old compact truck. On that note, I bet that Titan can corner really well too! :tongue: I will be happy to race that off-road in a Raptor SVT though.

Rams vs Titans are just about an even match. Nothing is as slow as full size pickups even though they have gotten much faster. It's obvious why since they are heavy and have the aerodynamics of a brick. Of course they have higher compression larger displacement engines with VVTi and what not which will cut around 3 to 4 seconds off 0-60 time in a heavy 5000 lb body. This only makes a difference in a straight line and that's it. Who cares if old Pathfinders are a few seconds slower? The old Pathfinders can go where a full size truck just can't go.

Can we go back on topic now?

Edited by Tungsten

I was considering posting mine but seeing as how things have gone into V6/V8 range, I doubt my little Z24 is going to make an impression :P Besides, wouldn't want to confuse the issue by posting a speedo in km/h ;)

Ok, here's my 94, New/used JDM engine, cheap cone air filter, auto trans, 4.62 gears, worn 31" tires:

http://youtu.be/ovilOXDTK2c

could not figure out how to insert the video into the post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovilOXDTK2c&feature=youtu.be

here you go tongue.gif

havent we already went over this in another thread? he has a 2002 WD21 with the z24... :D which i think is sick as hell, minus the z24. :tongue::jk:

Hey now.. don't diss my poor Z24 :P It's actually not a bad engine, easy to work on, the only thing it lacks is 4 more cylinders ;)

So, here's mine... was already rolling since I just left a toll booth and kind of forgot to hit record. Sorry for the odd angle :P

Also, it's kilometers per hour, not miles. I think I'm talking about it in the video, I topped out at 110km/h which actually is around 65-ish, before traffic got in my way :) And yes, it's a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder carburated Z24 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvM_UgP2JtU