Steel Winchers from Tacticalarmorgroup.com

GApathfinder

Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone has the Steel Wincher and or Rear Multi Carrier from www.tacticalarmorgroup.com. If not, do any of you know if these are worth the buy? The price is great, in my opinion. I have been searching far and wide for Steel Bumpers for my 98, but not until now, have I found one. I believe I've seen a few, but they are in the ball park of 1,000 to 1,500 dollars, which is stupid... I have recently gotten a job (some may know, from some of my posts that I am, only 16) so money for this will come in a few months.

Here are the Wincher and Multi Carrier.

Wincher

MultiCarrier

With the add-ons I would add, the Wincher would be 584.75 and the MultiCarrier 435 Dollars. I would say, that's pretty damn good.

Give me your input! :D

JamesRich (sorry if I spelt it wrong at the moment) I know has a TAG on his 2 door wd21 and I belive he has a personal liking to it. OffTourRoadie i belive is a r50 owner with one hung off the front as well and is fond of it IIRC. I can only go by heresay and have heard they are not exactly the quickest on turn around time though. I belive MY1PATH ordered a rear setup for his wd21 before they switched names and had nothing but problems with it to the point he basicly had to rebuild EVERYTHiNG on it and nothing was even close to fitting right. His has enough work. To make work it's basicly a custom built by him from some of a starter kit!

I'm not a big fan of those oval-shaped lights on the bumper. They don't match the styling of the R50 at all.

Also, how are you getting the Multicarrier for just $435? The bumper (without carrier) is $400, but when you add the tire carrier, the price jumps to $650.

It may not be with the carrier. I just missed that. I think it's just the bumper I was thinking of.

Edit: Yeah, your right. Didn't notice that. Reason I was saying Multicarrier was because that's what it said on the site lol. I don't need the Tire mount anyway. when I sai 435, I had the CB mount and the License mount thing.

Edited by GApathfinder

I bought mine before the name change....am considering the rear multi carrier too, but not sure if I like the rear departure angle of the bumper.....I gonna ask if they could thin it out a bit. You could save a ton of money on shipping and pick it up yourself, I assume you're from Georgia. You'll more than likely weld some to the frame, and not totally rely on the bolts.....I only got 4 outta 6 bolts on mine. Over all very happy, but expect the wait to build to be double what they tell you.

f7c254ab.jpg

I noticed the shipping was crazy lol so yeah, I'm from Georgia. Is that where they're located?? I know someone that can do the welding for free, so that will help too. I will probably only do the Front Bumper so I can get all the options I want on it, instead of getting only the bumper and d rings on the front and rear. I want the winch mount, Switch kit, turn signals and the light bar. and still have money for lights to put on the light bar. All that is about 650.

When you say it's gonna take a long time, how long is it on average?

I noticed the shipping was crazy lol so yeah, I'm from Georgia. Is that where they're located??

When you say it's gonna take a long time, how long is it on average?

Yes, they're from Georgia......what ever they tell you the turn around time is.....double it.

If I were you id spend more money on your suspension setup and performance of the suspension than a bumper that really just offers looks....that is until you hit something. Get some new stuts shocks and springs. You will be happy you did, I chose a lift over a bumper and was glad I did

If I were you id spend more money on your suspension setup and performance of the suspension than a bumper that really just offers looks....that is until you hit something. Get some new stuts shocks and springs. You will be happy you did, I chose a lift over a bumper and was glad I did

Good advice.

As other have mentioned, they used to be KMA, and they did have some issues with turn around times and quality. Some people have had no issues, and others had to do a lot of work on them to fix them up once they got them.

Here Is my Input,

Tactical Armor Group or T.A.G. out of Kennesaw Georgia was originally Kennesaw Mountain Accessories. KenMtn or KMA for short.

I can only hope that under the new name they are a new and better start for future customers because they gave me straight crap and I had to wait 6 months and pay several hundred dollars for this CRAP.

And I'm not the only one, just a quick google search pulled this up as the first result http://forum.ih8mud....re-carrier.html

and many others like it. MANY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS. I wish I had gone forum hunting for reviews before buying.

In the end I wound up with a very nice KMA LOOK-ALIKE (or what it was supposed to look like) after re-building the entire thing piece by piece. Many think I should have built myself one from scratch in the first place.

My whole episode with them and the re-build that followed it is documented here; http://npora.ipbhost...ndpost&p=444866

Good Luck with the New company name

Edited by MY1PATH