Couple stupid questions

I checked my computer for codes the other day (55 :D), and noticed that the seat had a lot of... stuff left under it from the PO. After vacuuming out all the french fries and mike&ikes, I decided to do the driver's side too. Pretty soon I had the carpets peeled back and the console out...

The rubber piece beneath the fabric cover on the t-case shifter (bolts into the transmission tunnel) is pretty badly chewed up. Are these available anywhere? Or should I just hack in something else? (And, for the really stupid question... how do you get the knob off of the stick?)

Also, there are two electronic things under the driver's seat. One's the alarm. Anyone know what the other thing is? It's got a black sheetmetal cover on it. (It's not broken, I'm just a nosy bastard. :broken:)

second device is ABS computer. the Shift boot liner... I had Derrick track one down for me a while back, there was only one left in the entire us inventory from nissan and it was nearly $100. I decided to cut up a rubber floor mat and use that instead.

Edited by MY1PATH

Shifter boot... as MY1PATH said, id personally make one myself as it would most likely be way more cost affective. And the shifter knobs are threaded on (if factory knobs and not pep-boys cheapies with set screws). Righty tighty-lefty loosy :aok:

Umm I got a shifter boot from Nissan (two of them actually, one for nismojunky) for 34 dollars. I don't know what dealers you guys go to but 100 is ridiculous. Works way better than some ghetto rigged @!*%.

You talking the boot Adam or the rubber piece UNDER the boot? I was assuming the OP was talking the piece under from the description given, hence my "make one" response. The actual cosmetic boot? Different story (though you can make different ones work depending on your personal situation)

The rubber piece beneath the fabric cover on the t-case shifter (bolts into the transmission tunnel) is pretty badly chewed up. Are these available anywhere? Or should I just hack in something else? (And, for the really stupid question... how do you get the knob off of the stick?)

You talking the boot Adam or the rubber piece UNDER the boot? I was assuming the OP was talking the piece under from the description given, hence my "make one" response. The actual cosmetic boot? Different story (though you can make different ones work depending on your personal situation)

I am talking about the rubber one under the boot. They were only 34 bucks at my dealer and they said there was lots left in stock. I went to my dealer and the next morning they were there. Better and faster than making one.