Hard to start and very rough idle when cold...

JohnMasters

Dude it is six or eight little bolts take them off set the engine to tdc and put it back on why are you not doing the simplest job in your todo list. :headwall::deadhorse:

I was under the impression that the main pulley bolt had to come off in order to get the timing pulley off so I was going to wait until I picked up another air hammer for my air compressor to get it done. However, If it is in fact only the 6 bolts that need to be removed I will get it done this evening.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that the main pulley bolt had to come off in order to get the timing pulley off so I was going to wait until I picked up another air hammer for my air compressor to get it done. However, If it is in fact only the 6 bolts that need to be removed I will get it done this evening.

I thought you had to take the main bolt off too. I guess there's one way to find out for sure...

25/25 test

HC ppm - 74

CO - .48

NOX - 826

50/15 test

HC - 32

CO - .20

NOX - 671

Above are the numbers from the PASSING run. I have looked around and since I did both my test and retest at the same time I must not have been given the FAILING report.

When I FAILED the first test the NOX numbers were just a bit too high. As you can see, after retarding the timing, it PASSED, but not by much as the allowed NOX is 905/990 and I was at 826/671.

I just pulled my report from last year and the NOX was 393 and 312 so something is different this year.

25/25 test

HC ppm - 74

CO - .48

NOX - 826

50/15 test

HC - 32

CO - .20

NOX - 671

Above are the numbers from the PASSING run. I have looked around and since I did both my test and retest at the same time I must not have been given the FAILING report.

When I FAILED the first test the NOX numbers were just a bit too high. As you can see, after retarding the timing, it PASSED, but not by much as the allowed NOX is 905/990 and I was at 826/671.

I just pulled my report from last year and the NOX was 393 and 312 so something is different this year.

do you still have the baffle on the front of the airbox or are you running a CAI at all, also have you checked for vacuum leaks? There is also a test in the FSM about if your engine is running lean or rich you may want to run that. None of it really matters (cause you already passed) other than making your truck runs the best it can.

Edited by ejin4499