Will a Xterra transfer case work on a pathfinder?

I have the opportunity to purchase a new/used transfer case (TX-10) off a buddy from a local 4x4 club here in houston; the thing is he purchased this transfercase as a extra to custom make a double transfer case on his custom xterra. But I dont know if this transfercase will work with my pathfinder, anyone have the knowledge?

Do you already have a t-case in your rig? Or do you have only a 2WD? :shrug: Why do you want a second one? Are you going with a dual-case setup?

Edited by XPLORx4

I know the transfer case that came in the Xterra (I don't think it's a tx-10) does NOT work in a wd21 pathfinder (which does have a tx-10). Amd the Xterra is a wd22, so it's the same "family" as the first gen pathy.

My transfer case in my R50 lost reverse in 4wd so I came across this guy in another 4x4 club here in houston who has a TX-10 that he bought as a extra to his Xterra so he could do a double transfer case but never got around to doing it. So he is willing to sell the transfer case to me and he said he thinks it should work but I don't know, what is the transfer case in our R50's; is it a TX-10?

Yes you have a tx10 transfer case in your pathy. IMO just try and stick to whats stock dont try and put parts from a different vehicle into something it was not made for. There are tons of junkyards in the houston area that have plenty of pathys to pick from. Atleast there were when I was last there lol

Yes you have a tx10 transfer case in your pathy. IMO just try and stick to whats stock dont try and put parts from a different vehicle into something it was not made for. There are tons of junkyards in the houston area that have plenty of pathys to pick from. Atleast there were when I was last there lol

I have an Xterra transmission in my Pathy....

Screw that, good things come of mixing compatible components. the xterra tranny is an upgrade to a pathy. the 3.3 is also an upgrade. the older tx-10's with wider chains are good to hold on to as well.

Wasn't made for it... PHHH! It was made and the car MFGR decided what it went in. You you can deicide what it goes in next. Just need to do homework thats all.

Hell I got an import tranny that came of a 3.3 nissan and it came with an electronic t-case and my old tx-10 bolted right to it.

The best of all that has come from mixing and matching is the VG34 and NISSAN mixed and matched that one first;

VG33e, VG30DE rods, VG30e W-series heads, Q45 pistons, VG30et oil pump, Nisimo #2 cams...

^ Parts from 5 different engines, the King of mix and match right there and it came out to be an awesome little torque monster for BAJA racing.

Edited by MY1PATH

Screw that, good things come of mixing compatible components. the xterra tranny is an upgrade to a pathy. the 3.3 is also an upgrade. the older tx-10's with wider chains are good to hold on to as well.

Wasn't made for it... PHHH! It was made and the car MFGR decided what it went in. You you can deicide what it goes in next. Just need to do homework thats all.

Hell I got an import tranny that came of a 3.3 nissan and it came with an electronic t-case and my old tx-10 bolted right to it.

The best of all that has come from mixing and matching is the VG34 and NISSAN mixed and matched that one first;

VG33e, VG30DE rods, VG30e W-series heads, Q45 pistons, VG30et oil pump, Nisimo #2 cams...

^ Parts from 5 different engines, the King of mix and match right there and it came out to be an awesome little torque monster for BAJA racing.

So wait I can get some Nisimo #2 cams out of a stock VG34 engine. Will they work in my VG30? Sorry I don't know the difference between all the engines you just listed. I just know I want new cams and read the Nisimo #2 cams is what I want for my pathy. Any idea where I can buy them for my VG30?

Sorry for jacking the thread.

So wait I can get some Nisimo #2 cams out of a stock VG34 engine. Will they work in my VG30? Sorry I don't know the difference between all the engines you just listed. I just know I want new cams and read the Nisimo #2 cams is what I want for my pathy. Any idea where I can buy them for my VG30?

Sorry for jacking the thread.

The VG34 is a built up engine using parts from different engines. Nismo cams aren't available anymore. You can get Jim Wolf cams but they are expensive. The S1 would be the best option for a mostly stock engine. You can get reground cams from a few other manufactures too.

James