My Grille Mod!

EDIT: Added New pics without license plate and with lower section completed.

I ended up with some nice SS mesh so I decided to cut it up and spruce up my grille and protect my cooling module from rock damage. I need to get some photos up of the bottom section too but you get the idea.

I cut a pattern using cardboard and then transferred it to the mesh. I added about 12-40mm of extra mesh around the edge to fold it back over itself to help hold the raw edge from cutting. I then unscrewed the tree supports for the front grille and sandwiched the mesh between the OEM grille and the supports.

IMG_0322.JPGIMG_0325.JPG

IMGP0088.JPGIMGP0087.JPG

Edited by RedRider3141

Personalized plate search results

Sorry, EATDRT is not available.

They really did a crappy job with your personalized plate! I'd take it back and ask for a do over. ROFL! :D

That does look really nice, when I was reading I thought you had actually removed the stock grill to put the mesh in, and I've always thought that looked cheesy. But it looks good being tucked behind the factory grill!

You caught me, the plate is 'shopped.

They really did a crappy job with your personalized plate! I'd take it back and ask for a do over. ROFL! :D

That does look really nice, when I was reading I thought you had actually removed the stock grill to put the mesh in, and I've always thought that looked cheesy. But it looks good being tucked behind the factory grill!

You caught me, the plate is 'shopped.

What? No! Say it ain't so! :rofl:

Don't look too shabby, I thought of doeing a full mesh in the 4runner (but re-attach the badges so it ain't too ricer lookin) but think that might look a bit :gay: in a r50. Not that their anything wrong with being a little :gay::lol:

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about how it turned out. The front end was just missing something on the SE. I always liked the LE grille better and I though the open section in the lower part of the bumper was way to wide open and exposed.

Next project is find a replacement skid plate and figure out something to do with that bad bumper paint.

• 2 weeks later...