GATORFAN68

HELLO ALL....NEW MEMBER HERE. 1991 PATHFINDER 130,000 MILES, 2 WHEEL DRIVE/5SPEED, BLUE INT. AND BLUE EXT. HAD A 95 COUPLE OF YEARS BACK AND LOVED IT SO I FOUND ANOTHER PATHFINDER AT A FAIR PRICE AND I'M SLOWLY FIXING IT UP. LUCKILY THERE ARE SOME U PULL IT JUNK YARDS AROUND HERE WITH A DECENT SUPPLY OF PATHFINDERS. IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR A PART I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP YA OUT JUST LET ME KNOW. MY PATHFINDER HAS THE USUAL PROBLEMS IE. FUEL GAUGE, SUN WORN DOOR AND WINDOW RUBBER, EXHAUST, ETC. I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS MAYBE SOMEONE HAS SOME ANSWERS.

1- WHERE CAN I GET THE RUBBER WINDOW MOLDINGS/TRIM?

2-I HAVE STOCK RIMS AND TIRES. I HAVE A 5-SPEED. WHY DOES MY RPMS SEEM TO BE HIGH OR IS THIS JUST THE WAY IT IS WITH STANDARD SHIFT PATHFINDERS, MY LAST WAS AN AUTOMATIC.

3-WHAT FACTORY WHEEL/RIMS WILL FIT 91 PATHFINDERS FROM OTHER VEHICLES WITHOUT BORING THE CENTER HUB OUT OF THE RIM? I WOULD LIKE TO USE ANOTHER RIM/TIRE COMBO(16,17, OR 18 INCH) TO LOWER MY RPM AND IMPROVE GAS MILEAGE.

4-INTERMITTENT CLUNK/CLICK FROM FRONT END WHEN TURNING AND/OR TAKING OFF FROM A STOP.

THANKS!!!.....sorry for the all caps...lol

Edited by GATORFAN68

3) I would not go up in rim size but if you want larger try going to 31" tires if you don't have them already.

2) Pathfinders are geared low, it helps them deal with being gutless and under powered. Running High RPM's is normal and will not hurt anything. I'v driven up and down California @ 4,500+RPM all day long doing ~80MPH Its just what it does.

4) Check all your ball joints, bushings, center link, Idler arm and put some grease on your steering stops. There is a thread somewhere that covers how to check all the common clunk stuff up front.

Q) people generally don't like ALL CAPS TYPING

A) I am usually a search Nazi and most questions from new members have been covered MANY TIMES BEFORE.

Z) welcome and post some pics.

3) I would not go up in rim size but if you want larger try going to 31" tires if you don't have them already.

2) Pathfinders are geared low, it helps them deal with being gutless and under powered. Running High RPM's is normal and will not hurt anything. I'v driven up and down California @ 4,500+RPM all day long doing ~80MPH Its just what it does.

4) Check all your ball joints, bushings, center link, Idler arm and put some grease on your steering stops. There is a thread somewhere that covers how to check all the common clunk stuff up front.

Q) people generally don't like ALL CAPS TYPING

A) I am usually a search Nazi and most questions from new members have been covered MANY TIMES BEFORE.

Z) welcome and post some pics.

thanks for the reply MY1PATH....the 31's wont be enough to lower my ratio or raise my mpg...looking for a stock rim and tire size that will fit...like off another Nissan model.....and cannot find any posts dealing with where to buy the window moldings, trim. will post some pics soon

Edited by RedPath88
Merged Posts

Almost anything import six lug will fit without mods.

and honestly, if you get bigger rims, you're going to be adding rotational weight, which may lower your overall gearing, but you'll still get the same gas mileage.

Almost anything import six lug will fit without mods.

and honestly, if you get bigger rims, you're going to be adding rotational weight, which may lower your overall gearing, but you'll still get the same gas mileage.

the lug pattern might fit but the center hole for the front hubs have to be 4inches or larger even on a 2wheel drive like mine. i tried tundra 4x4 wheels and tires and the center was still too small.

Edited by RedPath88
Merged Posts

90s Toyota 4x wheels swap over (Theres even at least 1 person here with sr5 4 spokes on their truck). If you stick with the same general year range, isuzu, honda, toyota etc 6 luggers DO fit correctly (6x5.5 lug pattern). GM full size six luggers fit too but have to have the hub bores opened up, as do newer Nissan wheels. The window trim issue has been brought up before, their a dealer thing. Pop into the "genuine nissan parts" thread. For your clunk, MY1PATH basicly covered it... in simple terms, just check your front end (I'm gonna guess compression rod bushings).

Caps lock ain't needed round these parts in abundance, we know you excited to find us and all...

And don't forget the all important pics, we DO like pics here.

90s Toyota 4x wheels swap over (Theres even at least 1 person here with sr5 4 spokes on their truck). If you stick with the same general year range, isuzu, honda, toyota etc 6 luggers DO fit correctly (6x5.5 lug pattern). GM full size six luggers fit too but have to have the hub bores opened up, as do newer Nissan wheels. The window trim issue has been brought up before, their a dealer thing. Pop into the "genuine nissan parts" thread. For your clunk, MY1PATH basicly covered it... in simple terms, just check your front end (I'm gonna guess compression rod bushings).

Caps lock ain't needed round these parts in abundance, we know you excited to find us and all...

And don't forget the all important pics, we DO like pics here.

thanks NUNYA....will post some pics by weekend.....

Edited by RedPath88
Merged Posts

Well...31" tires changed my actual speed vs speedometer reading by about 5mph at around 55-60 mph. I've upgraded to 33" tires so I have these available in case your interested. The top 2 are Dueler AT D695. The bottom 2 are Dueler AT also but an older version. All 4 still have good tread life left and only have been off the vehicle for about 1 year or less and been sitting here on the covered patio. No sun exposure.

P1010156a.jpgP1010155a.jpg

Well...31" tires changed my actual speed vs speedometer reading by about 5mph at around 55-60 mph. I've upgraded to 33" tires so I have these available in case your interested. The top 2 are Dueler AT D695. The bottom 2 are Dueler AT also but an older version. All 4 still have good tread life left and only have been off the vehicle for about 1 year or less and been sitting here on the covered patio. No sun exposure.

andreus009, what are ya askin for the set?

Edited by RedPath88
Merged Posts / Removed Quoted Pics

Hi all, am very glad to be here. At least I am with friends who are familiar with the Pathfinder. I bought mine (commonly known here as Nissan Terrano - WD21) 2 years ago. Specs:- Engine: Z24 carb, trans: manual, 5-speed. It was indeed a happy driving for the past 2 years but recently, there was a sudden hike of petrol prices, the previously cheap RON 95 soared to RM 1.95 a litre (USD 0.65), it is no longer economical to drive the truck.

I am planning to replace the engine with the popular (at least here) Nissan TD27 Turbo or the Nissan QD32 Turbo. At least diesel price are still low. I have gone "window shopping" and the TD27 Turbo JDM (Used) is currently priced at RM4,500 (USD 1,472.00) and the QD32 Turbo (used) is at RM6,500 (USD 2126.00).

I will post pictures of my progress.:)Photo0181.jpgmalaing_01.jpg

Oh for $0.65 a litre... $1.31 here today... and I was thinking that was pretty cheap and a good time to fill up when I saw it (that's $5 USD/gallon).

Pretty cheap but it is expensive here coz our wages are vey low too.. :(

Photo0195.jpg

Photo0195.jpg

if you raise the wages the vendors will raise the prices. Its a vicious cirlce without end. :( The only answer is stop earning wages and start earning revenue. Money is money its the mindset that changes.

Man that looks like a beautiful place to live.

Edited by ejin4499

Yeah, for sure. I was mostly just noticing the huge variation in prices on commodities worldwide. Pretty crazy. I guess most of the cost of our gas here in Canada is taxes.