central locking not working

u13turbo

Hey guys, my central locking packed a sad, it was locking and not unlocking, now it wont do either...... Kinda bad as even if i manually lock doors, the boot is still unlocked. And whats worse is a key is stuck in the ignition(If anyone knows how to fix this it would be a great help too).

Cheers

Hey guys, my central locking packed a sad, it was locking and not unlocking, now it wont do either...... Kinda bad as even if i manually lock doors, the boot is still unlocked. And whats worse is a key is stuck in the ignition(If anyone knows how to fix this it would be a great help too).

Cheers

I cannot help you much with the electrics except suggest you start fault finding, start from the door lock itself.

As for the stuck key? Dunno, maybe a visit to a locksmith?

The boot will manually lock with a key.

I cannot help you much with the electrics except suggest you start fault finding, start from the door lock itself.

As for the stuck key? Dunno, maybe a visit to a locksmith?

The boot will manually lock with a key.

Cheers Pete, yeah i wll have to start fault finding, thought i would just check first to make sure there isnt a common fault point. And yeah, the key hasnt bothered me much, except it would be an easy steal for someone :/

With a key in the ignition, I didn't think the doors could lock? At least mine never do. With key in the ignition, manually locking the doors always sent an unlock pulse to all doors. I would start there.

• Like 1

Yep, the key in ignition could be the cause of your central locking issue. It's meant as a failsafe against locking your keys in your car.

With a key in the ignition, I didn't think the doors could lock? At least mine never do. With key in the ignition, manually locking the doors always sent an unlock pulse to all doors. I would start there.

You have the superior 1995 model, I don't think all years have the ignition lock fail safe or whatever it is called.

B

Yeah its nothing to do with key in the ignition because the locking use to work and the key has always been stuck. I checked for voltages today, and on the drivers door im getting voltage change as i press the unlock/lock button(around 10.7V) all the way down to the little rubber sealed thingy, so im wondering if the fault is in there?