steering stabilizer

BigDaddyChris.com

I took the topless to get an alignment. and since I bought it as a wrecked truck I had them check it top to bottom for damaged parts. I dont wanna be going 50 and have a tie rod snap off or something!

first off the torsion bars were indexed and cranked all the way up causing the alignment to be way off. they put it back to stock ride height.

they got it all within specs and checked out the whole undercarriage and its all rock solid and in good repair.

EXCEPT: he said it has a bracket for a steering stabilizer, but there isnt one installed.

is that normal? or....what?

flat towing it went better, but it still follows the ruts somewhat. is that cause of the lack of a stabilizer?

I took the topless to get an alignment. and since I bought it as a wrecked truck I had them check it top to bottom for damaged parts. I dont wanna be going 50 and have a tie rod snap off or something!

first off the torsion bars were indexed and cranked all the way up causing the alignment to be way off. they put it back to stock ride height.

they got it all within specs and checked out the whole undercarriage and its all rock solid and in good repair.

EXCEPT: he said it has a bracket for a steering stabilizer, but there isnt one installed.

is that normal? or....what?

flat towing it went better, but it still follows the ruts somewhat. is that cause of the lack of a stabilizer?

The centre link has a bracket on it from stock for a steering stabiliser. You need to source the part that goes on the chassis rail though, It is not fitted to the trucks.

Not all Pathfinders and Hardbody's came with SS's. But all Pathy's and 4WD HB's (not sure about 2WD HB's) came with the bracket on the Centerlink. A stock one (factory or replacement) can be mounted with little trouble. Aftermarket stabilizers that have larger cylinders (Rancho, Procomp, etc) either come with, or list a required bracket kit for installation.

none of my pathy's (88, 90, 91 & 92's) came with a SS...... but with my '91 being lifted, he now has a dual SS set up. Easy enough to install one of you want that little bit extra, but not required if you're stock height.

personal preference... and check that your center link isn't worn out, that will aid the "following the road" syndrome.

the dinktastic little tabs on the centerlink? useless! You're much better off getting an aftermarket steering stabilizer. It was a night and day difference when I put one on my old truck! And it would definitely help with the bump steer. You might also try running a lower air pressure in your tire. More flex in the sidewall means it will conform to the road instead of try to follow it. I'm sure that's why the factory tire pressure is 26psi. Nice and squishy!