Extending/relocating differential breather tube?

fusion

After my lift, my differential breather tube keeps coming off... not good. I took a closer look and noticed that it doesn't go up very high. Has anyone extended/re-located theirs higher that can offer some info like tube size, length, places to secure it higher, etc.?

Just get some tubing with the same Inside diameter at like orilleys and clamp it on....that what I did and it has not come off yet

Did you relocate yours or just extend it? Do you know what size tubing it is off-hand?

From what I understand (I was curious about this too) most people just extend it but those who plan to tread a lot of really deep water, I heard of going a bit further and venting the diff inside the cabin (not sure of the details as to how this is done exactly, but would assume just a simple drilling of a hole, a grommet, and some silicone would do the trick) but I would mount the end of the vent tube right behind the tail light where there's a nice easy access panel conveniently put there by the good folks of Nissan.

Just get some tubing with the same Inside diameter at like orilleys and clamp it on....that what I did and it has not come off yet

This.

@fusion: Just take the breather off, go to a hardware store and get the clerk to match up the right diameter. Get a few feet of the stuff, that way you got more than enough. :aok:

i would put it up higher than the tail light. Mine and a lot of others have been submerged before. Run it all the way up the rear pillar to the headliner. You can guarantee you'll have a lot more than diff problems if you ever manage to get water in there. :FartExplode-vi:

I didn't have the need to relocate the breather tubes, but I did exactly what was previously suggested. Took the breather off the front diff and walked it in to the local O'Reilly's. We walked to the back and matched it up to a similar diameter tube (of compatible composition) that was about 5" longer. So $4 and 10 minutes later I was good to go.

mount antennas to the roof and run the breathers to the top of them, and make sure you always wear scuba gear when drivign! :rofl:

Seriously just yank one off and go to your friendly local parts store. Won't hurt it taking a paved trip there without 1 vent hose, unless you plan on having to drive through a lake to get there.