Premium vs. Regular Fuel: THE ANSWER

Matt4949

I have to wonder if some people add stations to that site because an ethanol sticker was peeled off a pump.

BTW, don't even get me started on my hatred of ethanol :lol:

Anywho, great thread! I can always tell when 87 is in my tank versus 93, and because of that I feel the negligible cost difference is worth it.

Edited by TooQForYou

super tough to find ethanol free gas stations in CA (most are at least some 5-7%). one can only hope that the saying is true, that most pumps have less ethanol in their premium octanes.

super tough to find ethanol free gas stations in CA (most are at least some 5-7%). one can only hope that the saying is true, that most pumps have less ethanol in their premium octanes.

That's probably pretty much the case everywhere. A state as big as Pennsylvania has like 15 stations that are alleged to be ethanol free. And if the regulators keep at it there's more ethanol in our future. Worst thing ever.

I have to wonder if some people add stations to that site because an ethanol sticker was peeled off a pump.

BTW, don't even get me started on my hatred of ethanol :lol:

Anywho, great thread! I can always tell when 87 is in my tank versus 93, and because of that I feel the negligible cost difference is worth it.

I would say that the general consensus is use the gas that grants you the most miles per gallon.

Yes, I hate ethanol so much I try to avoid it too, it makes the engine under perform. :thumbsdown:

Edited by Tungsten

That's probably pretty much the case everywhere. A state as big as Pennsylvania has like 15 stations that are alleged to be ethanol free. And if the regulators keep at it there's more ethanol in our future. Worst thing ever.

all proably on the east coast to top it off... bastages

these hippy retards think that using more ethanol will make the air cleaner

that is such bs because using ethanol on a car made before like 03 will actually lower fuel savings and increase emissions and possibly even wear out the engine faster

newer cars can take advantage of ethanol but the difference is negligible and they too will get lower gas mileage on it

this could also be an excuse to dissolve our gas with that piss so that they could extract that extra 15% out of you

just wondering... but i have a 96' 3.3 and it says use 87oct, and most of the gas stations round here have regular at 85oct and then 87oct with 10%ethanol then the premium 97oct. i normal put regular 85 or should i use the 87 ethanol?

Edited by pathyboy12

If the engine doesn't ping or knock or w/e I guess you could keep using the 85. when I was out that way this past summer my truck really didn't like the 85 octane but that may be because it was used to the 87 here. I had to run mid grade out there.