Got the pathy running again!

Okay.. so. i got the pathfinder running perfectly again. Smooth idle and all. (but i noticed it seems to warm up a lot quicker.. and the radiator top felt hot..but..anyway)

*** The alarm light flashes repeatedly (the little light under the arm rest)..for no reason while its running..any ideas?

*** The ABS and BRAKE lights are on too (on the dash)(low fluid? not sure, didnt have time to check it)

*** and the tire carrier light.. but the tire carrier is extremely difficult to move..so ill take some WD-40 to it tomorrow. (any idea why it would throw up a code on it?)

but other than that.. i got it done! :D

ill have it back on the road in no time..

Thanks!

The little alarm light does that on mine when I have the alarm turned on. Just flip the switch to off if you don't use it.

Check the brake fluid for sure, they can come on when fluid is low.

Mine doesn't have the tire carrier light but I'm assuming it's just telling you it's not closed all the way.

• Like 1

The little alarm light does that on mine when I have the alarm turned on. Just flip the switch to off if you don't use it.

Check the brake fluid for sure, they can come on when fluid is low.

Mine doesn't have the tire carrier light but I'm assuming it's just telling you it's not closed all the way.

oh okay.. i thought it was trying to go off silently..but yeah. Thanks!

I'll check it.. like i said.. the tire carrier is extremely hard to move.. i have to use all my body weight to even try to move it..

I'll check n see how everything goes. Thanks!

Don't force the tire carrier too much, you'll bend the body sheet metal. Try a penetrant like PB blaster to get it to move, then flush it out with WD40, moving it back and forth. Finally apply oil, WD40 is crap for such things...

B

regarding the dash lights; whats the battery voltage when idling as well as >2k RPM? sometimes a failing alternator causes the dash to light up. there are lots of ways to "fix" an alternator if that is the problem

regarding the dash lights; whats the battery voltage when idling as well as >2k RPM? sometimes a failing alternator causes the dash to light up. there are lots of ways to "fix" an alternator if that is the problem

Well, that's a good question.. i dont have a multimeter at present but i do know its been sitting with a dead battery for a while.. i couldnt pull anything from the scanner they have at shop..and its one of the expensive, SHINY ones.. it just said manual codes only? maybe i was doing something wrong..but anyways.

Fluid level is NOT low..its only like a quarter inch below the MAX line..

Shop person said sometimes spraying a little oil under the handbrake will fix the BRAKE light on the dash. (something with the switch might be stuck?

i dont have a grease gun..bit tried pushing in some dielctric grease with a Q tip and then the WD-40 trick..and it helped..for now. (still hard to get it moving)

But shop person also said the ABS light COULD be a speed sensor?

not sure..but it sounds complicated..

Re: your tire carrier. Do what Precise said.

The needle point for a grease gun is about 3 bucks here in Canada so it should only cost you about 2 which is far cheaper than repairing bodywork.

Dielectic grease is for electrical stuff (spark plug boots, ect) and is not the HD stuff you want protecting the tire carrier bushings.

If you can get the needle point, then beg / borrow / buy a grease gun and do it up right. A Q-tip won't.

Brake and ABS light is typically due to an air bubble in the system. Gravity bleed the lines, and then do a full bleed, and it should go away.

Brake and ABS light is typically due to an air bubble in the system. Gravity bleed the lines, and then do a full bleed, and it should go away.

the needle point grease gun (and lots of other stuff) did the trick! (thanks to my neighbors) it just took lots of elbow grease getting everything in the bushings.. there was a LOT of rust running out of it..

but..so far so good.. now the only thing wrong with it is the alternator belt.. its stretched and almost melted on the way bringing it back home..

my neighbor also said (he's a mechanic) the ABS/BRAKE lights could also be from either air in the brake lines (BRAKE light) and or brake shoes are worn out.

now, just so i dont keep opening TONS of threads.. is there a fuse to the middle console lights? my gearshift and fog/alarm/truck buttons have no backlights either..it was hard to tell which gear i was in (yes, it's an automatic) and my alarm light will NOT stop flashing! i've tried putting it in the OFF position and..it still flashes. same goes for impact off and off.

along with the driver side head/fog lights.. are those hooked up in parallel? like..one goes out they both go out? (another thing my neighbor said.. so..im not sure)

any ideas?

sorry about the multitude of questions..but im slowly getting there. :P

Thanks everyone for your help!

Edited by NissanNismoZ

Re: Your alarm light. My '95 w/ factory alarm has two (2) switches. The first is down by the driver's left foot, and the other is down by the driver's right foot. One of them controls the remote starter, and the other controls the alarm. Maybe you haven't found the other switch yet??

Re: Your alarm light. My '95 w/ factory alarm has two (2) switches. The first is down by the driver's left foot, and the other is down by the driver's right foot. One of them controls the remote starter, and the other controls the alarm. Maybe you haven't found the other switch yet??

oh.. that could by why.. i noticed there's a switch under the gas pedal if you push the pedal aaalll the way down.. but ill look for the other one..

UPDATE:

Fixed ABS and BRAKE lights (neighbor replaced relays..not sure where, can ask if anyone needs help..

everything is now good to go on the pathfinder! just the lifters ticking, but the oil is BAD, needed replaced 6k miles ago, apparently, and it sitting or that long doesnt help.. going to replace with castrol GTX. Hopefully fixes my lifter problems..