My lift

Yeah, this is why we shouldn't have :jacked: this topic and confused it with what to do with a SFD.

My original post was only concerning what I ran with a 2" AC lift - 3.75" bs rims with 31" AT's (even though I think a 32" tire of a certain diameter/width would also work fine). That's pretty simple.

The next question I responded to was concerning plans for a SFD. After the I installed the SFD I decided to run the same backspaced rims as before but with the larger 33" tires, BUT it took a TON of research and 1 test fitment to confirm it could be done. I also mentioned in that post that I'd be very concerned about going beyond 3.75" bs because of the turning arc (and rubbing) and tucking during rear flex.

I was NOT suggesting running 33's with the 3.75" bs rim with only the 2" lift. I know you did it quite successfully Andrew, but I just have no experience with that so I don't even want to comment on it.

Again, these are two separate topics combined in to one post (which might help someone who plans to transition from an 2" coil lift to the SFD), but otherwise I'm affraid it will only confuse those who have no plans to go SFD nor have they been researching this stuff for the past 24 months...I realized it a page of posts ago that I should have PM'd my responses, it would have been cleaner. My apologies.

Rick, no need to apologize. Ive read many topics on here where others have chimmed in asking a completely different question then what was posted originally.

Earlier in my post i should have thrown in this emoticon --> :offtopic: haha

Thanks for all you input on wheels and tires. now i only have to seriously decide on tires. but i got time to do plenty of research before choosing.

I'm going to be one of those guys asking questions in the middle of a topic! It seems all the SFD guys are all running 16" rims.....what caught my attention is the 3.75" BS. I have 15 x 8 rims with 3.75" BS. After a SFD, I really don't want to have to buy new rims as well as new tires.....so for me, to get 33"'s, would I be l able to run 33"x12.5"x15" with my current 15x8's rims w/ 3.75BS????

I'm going to be one of those guys asking questions in the middle of a topic! It seems all the SFD guys are all running 16" rims.....what caught my attention is the 3.75" BS. I have 15 x 8 rims with 3.75" BS. After a SFD, I really don't want to have to buy new rims as well as new tires.....so for me, to get 33"'s, would I be l able to run 33"x12.5"x15" with my current 15x8's rims w/ 3.75BS????

If i have read correctly in other posts, Rick 13 is running 33's on 16" wheels on a SFD, but he talked about how he had to get a tire due to tire width and not what he liked. If you check earlier in this post he has 285/75/16 (measures 33x11.50x16). I think youd be able to fit a 33x11.5x15, but im pretty sure 33x12.5x15 wont fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice im getting my lift soon. To those who had used the Krfabs SFD does the lift

require and new set of shocks? Once again im very new to this thing and just working

way up. Ive been wheeling in teh weekends and ill take pics next time. Please let

me know to those who has used this SFD I will be getting mine soon and want to get

everything before work can be done.

Nice im getting my lift soon. To those who had used the Krfabs SFD does the lift

require and new set of shocks? Once again im very new to this thing and just working

way up. Ive been wheeling in teh weekends and ill take pics next time. Please let

me know to those who has used this SFD I will be getting mine soon and want to get

everything before work can be done.

thanks for complementing on my lift. But please if you are going to talk about the SFD, please create a new topic or write in one that is refering to the SFD. I know you probably read through this post and may have got confused because it started off talking about the 2" lift then made its way to SFD questions then to wheels and tires...

• 2 weeks later...

should be getting my wheels within the next week or two. then its the dreaded tire decision, haha.

oh and i can tell that the front end has settled some, the rear not as much. before the front end was higher then the rear, but now it has the "raked" look. :)

I ordered the following parts - 54329N, 54320, 54322, 54325, 54036, 54057, 54034.

Are all of those parts neccesary? I just went to my local dealership and asked for a quote on strut mounts and bearings. They gave me a list of 54057, 54320, 54322, 54325, 54329... Those 5 parts alone came up to $285 plus tax.

They didn't say anything about 54034 & 54036 which appear to be spring seats?

nissan-pathfinder-front-suspension-strut-401a003.png

I can't believe these parts are so expensive...

You really only need to replace 54325 (strut bearing). If 54320 is worn (interior of rubber bushing is obviously cracked, or you can see the inside of the top hat moving around a lot when you bounce the suspension (you'll need to remove the little rubber cap), then replace it. If 54050M (dust boot/bumper) is cracked, replace that, too. Otherwise, save your money; you don't really need to replace any of the rest of the parts.

yah i just replaced all i thought was necessary.

I cant wait until my Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs are mounted on my new wheels!! its going to look sooo good!!! :)

Got tires ordered last week and will be in on wednesday, wheels soon after that :aok:

It seems like this is taking forever!

• 2 weeks later...

Well well well...wheels finally got here today and i ran to discount tire and got the GY DuraTracs mounted!!! I LOVE HOW IT LOOKS!! :jig::D

ProCompWheelsGYDuratracs003.jpg

ProCompWheelsGYDuratracs006.jpg

ProCompWheelsGYDuratracs005.jpg

I also took the mudflaps off but that was after the pics were taken...tires rubbed the inside of the flap when fully locked going left and right...but never rubbed the front of the fender...with the flap removed there is plenty of room.

and i did also find a ripped inner CV boot on the passanger side...boo!! :thumbsdown: so got to fix that soon!

hope everybody likes the pics! Tires are 245/75/16

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

yah i just replaced all i thought was necessary.

I cant wait until my Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs are mounted on my new wheels!! its going to look sooo good!!! :)

Got tires ordered last week and will be in on wednesday, wheels soon after that :aok:

It seems like this is taking forever!

Nice! I just installed Duratracs on my 2" lift. Yours should be the black version of my white Pathy.

Very nice. Any side shots to see how they fill out the wheel wells?

I think you'll really like your GY DuraTracs. I've had mine for 6 months and they have been great through a Colorado winter.

Yah it looks like i can fit a bigger tire when the wheels are straight, there is plenty of room to clear the strut, but at full lock the tires rubbed. And the next biggest size for the GY Duratracs i wanted wasnt going to fit (33's).

Manual hubs will arrive next week...

The entire grill use to be that plastic chrome, first i painted the emblem...then i painted the whole grill (sanded, primer, and lots of coats)...it looks ok in the pic...but its chipped alot from road debris. its only been painted for a year, haha, so it didnt last long. i like the look of the SE model grill a little better...i think its the honeycomb design...

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

I think it looks really good. I like the thinner tire look a lot.

I discovered my first split CV boot yesterday (after 3 years of running a 2" lift WITHOUT manual hubs) and after I got my similar rims I just pulled my rear wheels and spray painted the hub black. Just some other options/thoughts...

I think it looks really good. I like the thinner tire look a lot.

I discovered my first split CV boot yesterday (after 3 years of running a 2" lift WITHOUT manual hubs) and after I got my similar rims I just pulled my rear wheels and spray painted the hub black. Just some other options/thoughts...

Its funny you mention that because one of my friends suggested the same thing...and i dont like the look of center caps.

I found this site --> www.rockfordcv.com that sells high quality (at least from the site it sounds good) cv boots for just about everything. Depending on the condition of my joint, i will just order some new boots from them.

Inboard boots is part # 166-23 and cost $13.52, while outboard is part # 166-21 and cost $12.93. Dealer wants about $50 for one boot!!! :omg:

Just thought i would mention that if you looking at just getting a boot.