wires? plugs? intake?

farmerfra

hi guys, in your opinion, what are the best plugs and wires to use in a 1998 SE? whats going to give me the best for the money? Also looking at adding a cold air intake, who has one and what kind? Universal fit or custom? what works best? thanks for the info.

I was looking at parts for a tune up in my 1999, Distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs, wire and serpentine belt.

While I was at Rock Auto I was surprised at the prices, they seem to me a little... low.

I am not in mechanic so if someone would tell me if it is allright

Spark plug wire NGK Part # 8113 {#NX14} CAD$49.13

Spark plug NGK Part # 5464 Iridium IX SOHC {.039 Gap} CAD$6.23 each

And for the alt. belt 6$ and the power steering 8.80

Really ?? 6 bucks for a strap ? I call at NAPA auto parts and they were about 30-35$

And only 6.23 for iridium plugs

Are these prices seem legit to you?

NGK Iridium IX plugs with NGK 8mm wires. Do it right, I say! :aok:

I have heard that in these low compression engines there is no benefit from the iridium plugs and that they can be detrimental if not in the proper heat range; the ecu is set for a specific range.

Definitely use NGK, but the V power or Platinum is all you need, V power were OEM on the later model WD21 IIRC.

As for wires, I like the STI brand. Well made, perfect fit and not terribly expensive...

STI

B

the iridium plugs last longer, that's why they are pretty much standard on newer higher priced engines like the 2GRFSE on lexus. However, performance wise, copper is king. i put in Laser Iridiums because they last a really long time, somwhere in the range of 100k miles.