snorkel. does it help?

Channel595

TerranoNZ, Thank you! You beat me to it, how can one mistake the bezel of a 40-series for that of a heep!?

To the OP: Instead of arguing with people on here (a nice majority of whom have a damned good idea what they are talking about) just admit defeat and be quiet, you may learn something. Or you can take your rig without a snorkel and charge through a deep hole full of water and see what happens... :aok:

Edited by Der_Vier

how about y you want one on a WD21? I don't do deep water/mud frequently but it happens...my VG30i drank its share of water in mud holes growing up...here is my latest trip...it wasnt water it was drinking...it was soupy mud...my air filter was drowned with mud from about 1-2 seconds of the splash into the deepend which was ~3-4' deep

drive by after playing in the shallow end...checking out the deep end:

DSCN5273.jpg

in the shallow end before trying to get out of the "shallower" of the deep end (i'm on 33's):

DSCN5264.jpg

after splashing in the deepend:

DSCN5275.jpg

both times I went through i had to go and rinse the radiator b/c it was completely caked and caused overheating...my frame rails are still half full of mud b/c i havent had the chance to flush it...that was the nastiest mud i've been in a long time

this one was on the opposite side of the truck but was over the hood on the passenger side on Daniel at URE:

DSCN5175.jpg

nope this was on daniel...I donno if it was filled in on NOAS weekend b/c i broke before getting to it...if your going down daniel it's before you reach the peak before you go down the rocky hill climb

this doesnt look like its rutted out as bad as when i went thru:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSvDUPaxe1s

Heres a better one they're in it on a dry day it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4O6kbB_Zyw

Edited by unccpathfinder

Although it's not installed yet, I have a snorkel for the X.

I didn't get it so I could run water up 1/2 to the windshield, I got it so I didn't have to worry about sucking water, just worry about driving.

I soaked an air filter in the R50 last year. Just a little deeper and I could have sucked in enough to hydrolock the motor.

The electronics can short out, the alternator can fry, the starter can die. I can change all those on the side of the trail.

If I hydrolock a motor, I ain't fixing that on the side of the trail.

:deadhorse:

• Like 1

Ya...I still get the mud itch from time to time and usually That hole is too deep for almost anyone....I squirted 4 bottles of water thru the radiator to try and get some air thru it to get to a hose to rinse it off...u gotta pay to play tho and it was fun...even better the 2nd time when the Jeep didn't have the balls to do it and I did it and he still refused even after I called him a p***y while poking his chest lol....good times

nope this was on daniel...I donno if it was filled in on NOAS weekend b/c i broke before getting to it...if your going down daniel it's before you reach the peak before you go down the rocky hill climb

It looks a lot like this hole in that pic.

HPIM0369.jpg