Torsion Bars

Reshma

Does anybody have pics of torsion bars on a stock pathfinder. preferably 1995. I want to see what they look like when there installed. Im gunna check mine later this month. Although I would like to know what they are supposed to look like. Pics fro the undercarriage would be nice. thanks.

did a quick google search found this for ya\

torsionbars.jpg

hopw it helps

im assuming its the white bar running from front to back. Thanks. Umm.. i guarantee my front end is a little low, If I go over a bump a little to quick the wheels hit the truck itself -_-

any advice?

yes its the white bar. if u trace them to the middle of ur truck there is a bolt that u can tighten. one for each bar. tightening them will result in raising ur front suspension up. should cut down in the rubbing on bumps

yes its the white bar. if u trace them to the middle of ur truck there is a bolt that u can tighten. one for each bar. tightening them will result in raising ur front suspension up. should cut down in the rubbing on bumps

Really. Someone told me that but i saw the bars in that pick and they really dont look like they would do anything to the suspension. XD. well i will try and raise it a bit. Thanks.

know u know how to do it. its time to get that front end back to where its supposed to be

EDIT: know Now u know how to do it XD

Edited by PathfinderIII

:rolleyes:

Ok, go to the Garage section off of the main page, pinned towards the top is a Factor Service Manual thread. Go in there and read how/where to download a copy for your truck. Do it and then look it up. A study of the schematics will show you how it all works and a study of your truck will show what needs to be done. :aok:

B

the torsion bar is essentially a spring. only instead of looking/working like a normal coil spring, it twists instead.

Since you live in the rust belt, you'll need lots of penetrant, two 3/4" or 19mm box end wrenches and a 3/4" or 19mm socket and probably a breaker bar. You need the two box end wrenches because there is a jamb nut, two nuts on top of each other, and I have found only turning one, usually turns the other, you don't want that. Once you have the jamb not free, put one of your wrenches on the bottom nut, and get ahold of your breaker bar and stick it on the end of the bolt. You'll need to find a way to keep the wrench of moving, I usually just use the breaker bar til the wrench hits against the frame or whatever else to keep it from moving, that's when you start keeping track of how many turns you're making.

In your situation, I would do a full 360* rotation on that breaker bar. It's different for every truck, you'll probably need to get an alignment done afterward as this will change the toe and camber of the front wheels. Look in the FSM about the front suspension and it tells you how to do it, and shows you how to check the ride height, and factory specs of such. I have to do this to my truck soon, so maybe I'll make a youtube how-to video.

Also, it's not a van.