my rear wiper is POSSESSED!

skulptr

i dont know whats happening with it. i was outside walking around the pathy, next thing i know my rear wiper starts running at full speed. switch is off. it will slow down if i put the switch in the low position, but thats it, any other position and it runs full time. i had to pull the fuse to get it to stop. has anyone else heard this? or is this just my bad luck gremlin cause we signed an apartment lease today and cant afford to fix one more damn thing on this stupid truck

Oh man my brother Ranger does the same thing. We will be driving down the road on a bright and sunny day all of a sudden the windshield wipers start flying. It seems to be they work when you dont want them too. But, when you need them they don't go full speed..... Crazy

Same thing goes on mine. There's one occasion when I started the pathy, the dial for the rear wiper was in off position, but for some reason, it was going at full speed - scared the crap out of me. And it would occasionally get stuck when the weather's cold. Had to switch the dial a couple of time to bring it back to its original position, otherwise it'd get stuck in the window.

for sure a switch issue, the wifes headlights were doin something similar and it was the switch. should be cheap to replace or u could pull it and take it apart and look for corrosion that would cause it to short out and actuate the wiper motor... moisture issue maybe with all the snow that u have gotten lately

well it changed again. now i have no wiper movement on the wash cycle. i hold it in, the washer fluid pump runs and does its thing all over the back window, but the wiper doesnt move. but it moves in its speeds in the 2 different speed options.