Body Lift Swap

zeppelindrummer

So i'm in the process of swapping everything from my 91 to my 95, and i need to get my body lift on the 95 before my bumpers will fit.

Has anybody done this? any tips or tricks? i was planning on doing one side, pulling out lift blocks from the 91, and then stickin them in the 95, putting the 95's bolts into the 91, and then, doing the same with the reverse side. I'll need a couple jacks, but that's no problem.

Are the body lift bolts going to be the same for both trucks? when i lifted my 91, the black bolts that were supposed to be for the rear i think, didn't fit, and i had to use the other chrome ones. I'm not sure where i put the black bolts... so i'm kinda worried i'm gonna need two more?

Also, i threw away the directions, so i was wondering if anybody has a link to online directions of how to do this?

(basically what i want, is a list of what to unattach. I can remember some stuff, but not everything.

Thanks guys!

-Zepp

The way you intend to do it should work, BUT you will have to prep the 95 first and the 91 will need things like the gas filler tube and steering shaft loosened so they can be compressed. There are a few good threads on body lifts, in the Garage/How To and perhaps in the WD21 sections. I highly recommend reading up on them first to refresh yourself with the details.

I can't help with the bolts information unless you tell me thread diameter/pitch and length. IIRC that is all covered in the write ups also...

Welcome to the superior world of the 95's BTW. Worked your way up from a lowly 2 door, didn't ya?? :tongue:

B

B, it's not drinkin time yet :beer: , the 91 was a 4 door :crazy:

he had a superior 2 door before the 91

REMEMBER TO UNBOLT THE DRIVESHAFT HOOP!!!

That, yank both front bumpers (don't forget to drop the rear to stock height if you did actually raise it), p/s fluid resivour, steering shaft, yank both gas filler tubes and swap em... im forgetting a bunch proably but thats off the top of my head. Oh, and don't forget to modify your floorboard to be able to use 4low in the 95. 91-95 IIRC should be the same bolts, I thought the bolt difference was from 2 door to 4 door, hence the reason the 90-95 BL kits cost more new :shrug:

B, it's not drinkin time yet :beer: , the 91 was a 4 door :crazy:

he had a superior 2 door before the 91

Exactly, ZeD is officially on his 3rd Pathy, he keeps upgrading!! :D

Do try to keep up headpeas... :tongue:

:beer: Just started and Dont plan to stop before Next Year!! :beer:

B

Welcome to the superior world of the 95's BTW. Worked your way up from a lowly 2 door, didn't ya?? :tongue:

B

Nunya is going to want to ban me for this but, When I go hunting I fold down the back seats and fill it up with my gear. I cant help but think how much easier it would be to reach the stuff behind the front seats if I had a 4 door! I wouldn't have to convert the fuel injection either. I didn't say I wanted one yet, just would be a little more convenient. I still have the original first year pathfinder though!

Sorry Nunya, I'm just lazy and don't want to crawl in to get my gear if I don't have too.

James