88' BC boy conquers Cow Town

iatom

Shout out to all forum members, Great Work! Appreciate all the info iv'e gathered in this very info limited topic. And it seems a pathfinder has come into play and id love to do my best to help out as well from my experience with this rock.

Im a BC boy born an raised spending some time out in Cowtown, Alberta. I came across a 1988 Pathfinder VG30(i) POS, theres a few things iv never owned a 4 door, a lemon, and most definitely not an import. But I heard good things and what can I say WOW after 50 hours and couple hundred in used/new parts. This truck is a rock! That being said it is slow as a rock. Ill start a build topic in where ever you start that later, hoping to build a reliable sprinter to get me up those mountains roads safely and overcome obstacles that may be in the way. What I cant drive to, I am more then willing to hike to.

Old and the New

1972 Chevelle HiPo 350ci

1990 Fox Body HO 302ci

96/03 kawi zx's

04/06 gixxer 750's

1983 K-5 Blazer Fullsize 350ci

1998 Dodge Ram Ext Cab. 360ci 9" inch lift

1988 Nissan Pathfinder WD21

Sadly there all gone but the WD

you actually typed "gixxer" (an import mind you) :lol: sorry... not a bike person but some of my friends people i talk to are and I make fun of them all the time for saying it (of course they also verbally call s-10's "s-dimes") reliable and able to overcome? try that thing out as it sits (guessin basicly stock?) and be pleasantly suprised-and learn where both the truck AND you need to be 'updated'. sprinter? well, your allowed to dream :chairfall:

welcoem, and put up some pics of your new 'rock'! We like pics!

Rusty headers?? :scratchhead:

Welcome Bud. Congrats on your 'new' pathy. Bad news though, if you want one with a little more power, get a 4 door and last time I checked all the vehicles you mentioned are an import to a BC boy... :D

:beer:

B

Do you like your gsx-r? I've been looking at getting a 600 or so (they really are cheap as heck), are they comfy? I'd be riding a sport for the first time, usually prefer cruisers (ppl want WAY too much for any cruiser)

Mind you, I weigh 265lbs and am 5'7"...

WELCOME

Do you like your gsx-r? I've been looking at getting a 600 or so (they really are cheap as heck), are they comfy? I'd be riding a sport for the first time, usually prefer cruisers (ppl want WAY too much for any cruiser)

Mind you, I weigh 265lbs and am 5'7"...

WELCOME

Hell yeah Zuki is by far my fav. but im thinking you might fit a 636 better. You really need to go sit on every machine in your budget and buy what makes you feel most comfortable not what gets your gf the hornist. Also note you WILL go down. So its not suggested buying brand new shiny pcs of tail casue not only are you gonna have to replace 3k in plastic but the gf's hot booty as well lol. Also Respect and confidence is what keeps your ass safe on these things. Id also say get something 2002 or newer. No point learning on a non fuel injected machine. I had a buddy who no joke could not even ride a pedal bike went out and bought a 04R1 one of the most awsome machines of all time he RESPECTED it rode like grandma and lived to tell some tails.....No hes a crazy man who lives to one wheel but thats a story for another day! If you got any question PM me I had to fill my head with pointless info and bikes take up most of that space.

Also heres my proposed build plan.

Build Plan:

Rebuilt vg30i (what ever go fast internals I can find Lotta research left to do.Id be happy with 250 goal is 300 pumpin ponies)

Like to spend some time on R/D for a rock soild timing chain setup. since theres so much fuss over these belts.

MSD Ignition

Powerjection III Standalone TBI System

Calmini heavy duty steering kit

Calmini 3" Suspension System

Calmini Idler Arm Brace

Prerunner style front and rear bumper with skid/winch

3" Body Lift

Front/rear Fiberglass fenders

Modified Calmini Roll Cage(if I cant my hands on one, stretched to rear)

Chopped rear roof line

Cloth Top

Thule Rack

Lighting

Dual Battery

Alt. Upgrade

Possible back half body swap to Hardbody/Tailgate

Calmini Nissan Rear Axle Skidplate

Center Link Slider Brackets

And your long list of other random off road goodies.

For a basic rig of mostly bolt ons whatchal think

No that's just the 300ZX system in a Pathfinder. Bumped the power from 140 HP to 170-ish HP.

If you really want to make power, the best thing to do is get rid of the choker hold TBI system. It's reliable but does not make power. Since you're looking for internals to play with and rebuild yours, maybe build a VG34. It's a VG33 block bored over to fit Infiniti Q45 V8 pistons (VH45DE) with VG30DE or VG30DETT connecting rods. Turbo rods are stronger but NA rods can handle 400HP. The tops of the pistons must be slotted for clearing the valves on the motor. The entire set up raises the compression ratio a good bit and puts down a pretty massive amount of power.

Some good info there thanxs. Im not minding the sounds of that setup the cyl sleeves able to with stand the new bore size and any issuis with blowing headgaskets on the increased compression.. I havent really begun to toy with motor options. Or decied how much im really wanting to spend motor I got in there now is mint so first things first is the calmini upgrades. C/L on mine is shot so time for the new parts anyways. SAS would be sweet but id rather put that kinda time and money into something eles

The entire engine was created by a guy who was "the man" at NISMO America before it closed down, he designed the engine for Baja trucks so it's reliable.

Sounds like you're off to a good start, now lets see some pictures!!!

The entire engine was created by a guy who was "the man" at NISMO America before it closed down, he designed the engine for Baja trucks so it's reliable.

Sounds like you're off to a good start, now lets see some pictures!!!

HA well im going for a prerunner style sound like you just found my new engine option lol

No offence meant man but sounds like you got to many things (some that seem to contradict themselves to me at least :shurg: but what do I know and who am i to stop ya :aok: ) rolled into not enough trucks... And read up around here some on your Calmini obsession, some people have been quite unhappy with their wd21 parts Clicky

No offence meant man but sounds like you got to many things (some that seem to contradict themselves to me at least :shurg: but what do I know and who am i to stop ya :aok: ) rolled into not enough trucks... And read up around here some on your Calmini obsession, some people have been quite unhappy with their wd21 parts Clicky

Thanxs for the input none taken. I have been lookin up and asking around, been about a 50/50 response sometimes your stuck with the best you can get. I havent seen any other IFS kits for that price range or availability. Im not willing to invest the time or money on a SAS This truck will hit mostley dirt roads and the odd quad trails. I should hope that these Calmini parts could handle that.

Its not that the parts will fail its just that they sometimes they fit poorly and their customer service is crap.

Check out 4x4parts.come they have lifts too.

Welcome to the site.

Edited by adamzan

Its not that the parts will fail its just that they sometimes they fit poorly and their customer service is crap.

Check out 4x4parts.come they have lifts too.

Welcome to the site.

just read the link nyuna posted and I see what you guys are talking about. Seems to be an ever evolvin build by the looks of things. thanxs to everyone for all there input