ABS light and E-brake light lights up?

onefast87

hi guys, yesterday was the first day off winter here, so needless to say i went 4x4'ing , now my problem is that when i take a right turn my E-brake and ABS lights turn on, but when i take a left turn it shuts off. I have recently done all the brakes.(discs on all 4's) also i would like to add the my ABS does not seem to work at all.

what do you suggest i look at first? this has me really worried!

9 times out of 10, those two lights coming on simultaneously means that it is low on brake fluid.

And that's pretty much standard for near ANY vehicle.

He is right the same thing happens to mine, all I do is top it off with brake fluid. And your ABS should still be working. You probably have a leak somewhere. I just don't have the time or money to fix mine.

Edited by trenton163

He is right the same thing happens to mine, all I do is top it off with brake fluid. And your ABS should still be working. You probably have a leak somewhere. I just don't have the time or money to fix mine.

I'm sure you don't have the time or money to fix the damages to whatever accident you'll eventually end up causing either.

Is there any redundancy in the pathy braking systems (maybe all cars have this). Lets say one of your lines just explodes, do you lose all brakes instantly (other than e-brake) or can you still brake a few times with the others before you pump all the fluid out?

hey guys

i double checked my brake lines everything looks great, my truck is in really good condition.

now it was low on fluid, so i topped it off and went for a drive, my e-brake and abs lights no longer come on.

about the ABS, i understand its only on the rear, should i be able to feel the pedal jerking slightly? as of now when i mash the pedal it just locks all 4 corners.

thanks in advance

if your ABS light is still on, your ABS system has a fault in it and does no function. A jerky pedal is more than likely going to be a warped rotor.

As far as brake line routing, each front wheel has its own line off the master cylinder. the rear gets a single line that runs to the ABS unit, and a single line off the ABS unit to a T that is bolted to the rear axle.

I'll assume that on non-ABS model, it's just a single line all the way to the T without the ABS module junction.

• 1 month later...

ok guys i have a new problem here, i replaced the rear passenger caliper and brake pads, the brake hose is in good shape, but yet i have a massive leak somewhere.

what should i be looking for? ive tried pumping the brakes but i don't see a leak anywhere, but the caliper is covered in oil.

Line on tight? Bleeder closed? Clean/dry everything off, fill your fluid up, have soemone pump the pedal for you while you watch to see where the fluid is coming from.