just wandering

shotzie417

I am just about done building my pathys motor and i was just wandering, do yall think that i will notice any differnces in power now that the vg30e is bored 20 over, euro cams from 4x4parts.com, higher heat range spark plugs, bigger wires, msd coil, pacesetter headers, and a k&n cone filter

i think if i were to build a new motor i would of picked a vg33 damn near the same thing but it makes a major difference. I bought a z with a swapped vg33 in it and holy smokes is there way pepper than my vg30

i think if i were to build a new motor i would of picked a vg33 damn near the same thing but it makes a major difference. I bought a z with a swapped vg33 in it and holy smokes is there way pepper than my vg30

20 over is VG31. lol still you'll feel that, and the cams, you'll feel those too. It will be allot more peppy then it was when you tore it down. I'm not saying its going to be something fast but it will put you head and sholders above any 3.0 with headders and CAI. And even further ahead if you have headders and CAI.

Enjoi.

P.S.

The stock range Plug, NGK heat "6", (bkr6ey) Should be plenty sufficient.

You won't need to move heat range unless you bumped the compression up to 10:1 or added forced induction like turbo or SC.

Edited by MY1PATH

20 over is VG31. lol still you'll feel that, and the cams, you'll feel those too. It will be allot more peppy then it was when you tore it down. I'm not saying its going to be something fast but it will put you head and sholders above any 3.0 with headders and CAI. And even further ahead if you have headders and CAI.

Enjoi.

P.S.

The stock range Plug, NGK heat "6", (bkr6ey) Should be plenty sufficient.

You won't need to move heat range unless you bumped the compression up to 10:1 or added forced induction like turbo or SC.

lol thanks, those are the plugs that i bought i thought that they were higher heat range but all well. i cant wait to drive it maybe by next weekend. will a cone filter be fine for mudding and water crossings or should i just modify the stock box and make an in fender snorkel? i know that when it was stock we sucked in mud and almost hydro locked the motor so i want to do something a little better than stock.

Hey before you start your engine up you must follow a run-in procudure. Use Lots of ZDDP oil too (royal purple and shneider formula 2 break in oil ar good) the first few moments are crucial!!! ZDDP is a wear reducer and as of 2003 most oils don't have it because newer cars are built differant.

i have been told by a few mechanics that for the first oil change on a new motor you should use an oil without any detergents, so pritty much pure oil, in it and also the zddp additive, and then change it at about 250 miles or so and then use what ever oil you perfer after that and for the first few oil changes keep adding zddp additive.

I recommend not using royal purple for your engine oil. use amsoil as it is of actual quality.

Oil wars again I see.

NO war, I'll keep my opionons out. But I would like to know why silverton doesn't like royal pruple.

I have a STRONG opposition to amsoil. I haven't had a single vehicle that hasn't overheated on that sludge. I took my wife's LS460 (toyota, i know, i know) in to have the oil changed (i refuse to work on it), and after 3,000 miles that amsoil garbage had her cam pistons and crank shaft all out of alignment, and her overhead coils had about 60% wear on them. The car ran about 14% hotter than it does with Royal Purple. I ran amsoil back in my Pathfinder back in 2002, and after one oil change with amsoil I pretty much had to rebuild the lower block.

On another note: Royal Purple was founded in Humble, TX about two hours from where I live now. That's a Texas oil, boy, none other like it in the world. Royal Purple all the way!

Also, were you wandering, or wondering? :handlebars: